Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

hoborific

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VR V6
new spark leads and H4's, put a pair of ebay lights in over a week ago but one popped already, couple of repco branded H4's seem to be going alright.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
new spark leads and headlights, put a pair of ebay lights in over a week ago but one popped already, couple of repco branded H4's seem to be going alright.
eBay globes or headlights?

hoborific

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VR V6
Finally got off my ass and replaced my fuel injectors with the set I bought off eBay, They're so much nicer, the flat spot i felt accelerating is completely gone and these tick a lot quieter.

IMG_20180928_105938.jpg

the ones I pulled out were pretty rooted but I sealed them up in bags to have them reconditioned when the new ones kick it in the future.

the VR was an absolute champ, I undid 4 bolts and simply lifted the rail out and replaced them, I didn't even have to undo the fuel line

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
Di
Finally got off my ass and replaced my fuel injectors with the set I bought off eBay, They're so much nicer, the flat spot i felt accelerating is completely gone and these tick a lot quieter.

View attachment 201518
the ones I pulled out were pretty rooted but I sealed them up in bags to have them reconditioned when the new ones kick it in the future.

the VR was an absolute champ, I undid 4 bolts and simply lifted the rail out and replaced them, I didn't even have to undo the fuel line
did you get any fuel leakage taking the injectors out with the lines still on? I need to replace the injectors in my vr and I just don't want fuel everywhere

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
Di

View attachment 201518

hoborific

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VR V6
Di

did you get any fuel leakage taking the injectors out with the lines still on? I need to replace the injectors in my vr and I just don't want fuel everywhere

People say you can run the car without the fuel pump relay to stall the car/ de-pressurise the rail but as I wasn't taking it off so I didn't do that, I would say I lost about 150ml over the top of the engine as I pulled the injectors, the clips holding the injectors under the rail are a bit of an ass, I used a flathead on a few to get them out

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I fitted a new fuel filter and never run the lines dry. Tiny squirt of fuel for 3 seconds.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
I
Been having some trouble with window washers blocking up. Kept forgetting to blow them out with the compressor. Totally blocked today and no access to my compressor. I ended up using a needle, some boiling water and my mouth sucking and blowing. Seems to have fixed them, for now at least.
I use an oxy tip cleaner

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
Did a bit on my vr,fixed the negative battery terminal because it was almost cut in half,swapped all 6 injectors for a spare set a mate had it got rid of the roughness on startup however it still won't start without pumping the throttle spark plugs and leads are new so I'm thinking the coil packs need replacing