Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Caleb dawson

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr executive
Changed water pump to a new gmb one, old one was pretty knackered and wasnt sealing
20181011_033816.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Made it to the ferry without seeing a single police car or bike.
20181012_165254.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Good news.....but did all of your goods also make it without dislodging ?
everything fine. Tiny mark on one chair where it rubbed. Most things are held on with duct tape. Took 5, 30m rolls to secure the load. Duct tape is the go doesn't rub on the furniture and makes everything tight. Some gear is secured with tie downs and some with rope. I still have 2.5hrs to my second home. Fortunately i am heading to the wifes only an hour past the ferry for Saturday and Saturday night, then out bush Sunday arvo. Hoping the neighbour is home when I arrive otherwise I will have to park the ute in the shed until he gets back as i need help with the heavy gear.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Sounds like a great result.

Bike's improved . A few more bits for the ute. Belongings closer to home. A safe trip and no annoying red tape extra tax raisers around.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah and the wife and her children got to see Adelaide and down south of Adelaide which they had never been to before. Just quietly im thinking i might take the bike for a squirt up near home. Might just have have to wait for the Plod to drive by and make sure they head back to Fingal, before i take it for a run, is all.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Nice. And yeah south of Adelaide= beautiful spot .
My youngest brother and his family live in Willunga on 6.5 acres with beautiful views .
I love where I live but am still slightly jealous of their place = sooo beautiful, I understand why he's so happy to travel to his work and bring his family up there .
Was down there last year and the block goes up and over a treed hill that some sheep he has have worn trails into and my first thought was these would make great mountain bike tracks, ha ha ha

Dirtyv6

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 3.8 V6
Ran the ute down to the coast, about 200km. Ute is so much quieter on the highway now it's got a ceiling and carpet in it.

Was planning to get the last of the cruise control wiring finished up this morning but ended up picking up some parts for next week's big service instead.

I did notice some scum in the radiator whilst checking it this morning, so I've ordered an aluminum inlet manifold gasket from Mace, which should hopefully be here Thursdayish.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
Ordered some long shank, tapered wheel nuts to bolt VE/VF wheels onto my VS. The 10 inch rear rims rub on the inner guard so I had to buy some 12mm spacers leaving next to no thread to work with.