Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

New mounts , rocker cover seals , filter ,removed cleaned painted upper manifold.

Now just need to change rear main for sake of it fit flywheel clutch and box.

Like your thinking, easier to do the main now rather than later.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I bought a couple of front CA's off Gumtree on the weekend. Has new inners fitted just need to get a set of outers and they should be ready to install. I have a long list of to do's now...... I wanted to get the ute over the pit last week and look to plan how I will go about the repairs but I CBF as I was too busy working on the house I am building. Decided to propose to the GF and she said yes. Now I need to get the house finished and begin to tackle the ute and everything else on my growing list of projects and jobs.... Still undecided if I will install the new tierod end myself or just pay the extra $50 and get it done at KTAS or at another mech when I get the new tyres I am yet to get. At least they can wheel align it at the same time. Hopefully my mortgage will be drawn up in the next few days so I can tackle some of the urgent repairs on the ute this week if I can.

H

harrop.senator

I bought a couple of front CA's off Gumtree on the weekend. Has new inners fitted just need to get a set of outers and they should be ready to install. I have a long list of to do's now...... I wanted to get the ute over the pit last week and look to plan how I will go about the repairs but I CBF as I was too busy working on the house I am building. Decided to propose to the GF and she said yes. Now I need to get the house finished and begin to tackle the ute and everything else on my growing list of projects and jobs.... Still undecided if I will install the new tierod end myself or just pay the extra $50 and get it done at KTAS or at another mech when I get the new tyres I am yet to get. At least they can wheel align it at the same time. Hopefully my mortgage will be drawn up in the next few days so I can tackle some of the urgent repairs on the ute this week if I can.

Do the tie rod ends when you do the control arms z bar to lca is push in from nolathane once old ones are out you're laughing.

Also chuck a tape measure and measure from end of rack to tie rod stud before removal so drive to wheel aligners isnt to bad.

Pocket that fiddy homeboy wives are expensive ;)

bevzan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute
Big day, 2 hours with engineer and the beast is now rego and mod plated (supercharged 355 stroker + plus brake upgrade +ecu).
Suggested i quieten it down a little as its right on the limit
Now waiting on new tanks to go in then mulfflers then dyno,
the list is getting shorter, at least i can drive around without getting pinged

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Big day, 2 hours with engineer and the beast is now rego and mod plated (supercharged 355 stroker + plus brake upgrade +ecu).
Suggested i quieten it down a little as its right on the limit
Now waiting on new tanks to go in then mulfflers then dyno,
the list is getting shorter, at least i can drive around without getting pinged

This needs a ride thread.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Do the tie rod ends when you do the control arms z bar to lca is push in from nolathane once old ones are out you're laughing.

Also chuck a tape measure and measure from end of rack to tie rod stud before removal so drive to wheel aligners isnt to bad.

Yeah I was thinking I will get it pretty close so I don't scrub out the tyres before I get an alignment done. Was gonna use the electrical tape method.

Commodwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive 3.8 series II
Got pulled over by a copper, got a warning for one bad headlight on the vs. Got home, pulled out out wrong side - lhf instead of rhf- you bewdy. Replaced good bulb, whipped out bung one. Sourcing cheap replacement now. Hey, it was easier than the sway bar link pins and the crank angle sensor before that! Got a dicky connection on LF indicator too, but that'll have to wait mate. And the power steering leak, that too. Interior roof lining all pinned up. have to balance front wheels one o these days. Def flush radiator and replace oil filter etc... Then for the trans. ....**** me, demanding ol girl!

CCCMikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS '95. LPG. 513,000KM
Paid a mechanic to install replacement plugs and leads after a difficult drive from Sydney to Armidale. Surprised he took the alternator off to do it, said a couple of the leads were very tough to get off.

Was having a nasty misfire under high load / low RPM conditions (1500rpm in 3rd or 4th with TCC lockup) so had to drive in 3rd any time I was doing under 90 or on a slight climb, and had to coast from 70 down to 50 on hills to disengage the TCC - so it was a fun trip home fighting with the computer and trying to avoid the nasty thump of a misfire.

When I saw the plugs later, one of them has basically no electrode left, so the gap was around 2mm - I guess too much fuel and it would quench the spark. These were NGK BPR7EFS-15 instead of the usual BPR6EFS-15 as I wanted to see if they would be better given I'm running on LPG. I guess not, although not sure if that would cause them to get 'eaten'. They were about 50,000km old at this point. Have gone back to the BPR6EFS-15 now. Car now at 461,000km.

Driving from Armidale to Mildura and back next week, with a trailer, so that will be a good test.

Mechanic commented that spark might have been a bit weak from one of the coil packs, but he wasn't sure on that one.