Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Found 20min to work on the car. Brake pedal clip undone, m/cyl brakelines cracked ready to undo, strut bracket removed.
Kinda fiddly going back and forth between metric and standard.
I also reckon you could mount vz master to VR booster if you didn't mind it all sitting on an angle.
If I'm lucky I'll get more time on it later tonight.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well I'm reminded once again why i don't carry dirt in the tub of the ute...... I think i said the same thing 9 months ago.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Ordered a new water pump yesterday. The last one only lasted about 13 months. Gone with Gates this time, over a GMB, hoping it will last a few years. I remember feeling the bearing a few months back and it felt like it had movement. It was about the same time I noticed the tiniest weep, now it's a fair old weep. I suspect the new Chinese GMB's are fitted with dodgy bearings that cause leaks after a while. This is the second relatively new GMB that has failed prematurely.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Just bought my first gen oil filter. Servicing it hopefully this weekend. I will be interested to see if the lifter noise is reduced on start up with a gen filter over a Cooper. Either way from what I have read on JC gen is the go, even if they cost $12 as apposed to $5 for a Cooper when on sale. I priced up Delco Platinum plugs but they want $15ea. I can buy Bosch Platinum for $10ea or maybe less, elsewhere so won't be ordering any of those soon.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Gave the ute a service. I used a gen filter this time as recommended by a few members. Used Nulon mineral 20/50 as that was about the cheapest i could get without using Black & Gold. Checked the front pads and left side is wearing a tiny bit more than the right side. Not sure why, although it does seem to grab a tad harder on that side if braking hard on gravel. Looks like i will need pads within 10k. Probably fit the new rotors and pads at the next service in 5k. I have a funny whine coming from the engine which has only appeared in the last month.? No idea what it is?

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Used the maloo,
picked missus and her dog ( Lucky ) up and went out to Port Stephens .
Colette, away from Nelson Bay and all the holiday crowds.

Way cooler than Maitland. Lucky had a great time, exploring bush, beach and water.

I got to wash maloo when we got back, clean all that doggy drool of the tray tops and sides.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Yesterday I tried to start my VS V6 wagon that has been sitting for about 6 months. No fire, added 20lts fresh petrol. Checked spark and then found no fuel.
Hot wired the pump and just heard silence. Picked up a new pump from SCA today and pulled out the sender after draining fuel.
Should have also got new intank return line but was praying it was all good until I found this WTF! !! - how do you do that? - see pic
No wonder why the old pump died.

Just need to put the dash and interior back together before it goes back on the road.

Attachments

• IMAG2563-768x1024.jpg
    IMAG2563-768x1024.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
Installed some flat top pistons and sanded the rocker covers ready for some autosol and elbow grease. Elbow grease is running low lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Installed some flat top pistons and sanded the rocker covers ready for some autosol and elbow grease. Elbow grease is running low lol.

Do you have the sort after VN alloy covers?

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
The brake pad is binding because the caliper slider is binding. My LHS rear outer pad was worn to metal. Pulled all the caliper sliders off, cleaned the **** out, lubed and replaced pads and rear rotors. Fuel economy has reduced drastically. Hard to tell what the whine would be without furteh detail of the noise. Where does it seem to come from. Always there?QUOTE="losh1971, post: 3000894, member: 66009"]Gave the ute a service. I used a gen filter this time as recommended by a few members. Used Nulon mineral 20/50 as that was about the cheapest i could get without using Black & Gold. Checked the front pads and left side is wearing a tiny bit more than the right side. Not sure why, although it does seem to grab a tad harder on that side if braking hard on gravel. Looks like i will need pads within 10k. Probably fit the new rotors and pads at the next service in 5k. I have a funny whine coming from the engine which has only appeared in the last month.? No idea what it is?[/QUOTE]
T