Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

CCCMikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS '95. LPG. 513,000KM
Went to Coles. Found that of the 45 or so cars that were in the underground carpark, five were VS Commodores of various types. (Blurry photos sorry.)
IMG_20190223_184907.jpg IMG_20190223_184948.jpg IMG_20190223_185051.jpg IMG_20190223_184910.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190223_184910.jpg
    IMG_20190223_184910.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 286

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Today i found out the hard way that the VS V6 tensioner pulley bolt is left hand thread. It made sense why it is after it snapped :mad:
I couldn't get mine off but i did ask the question before i tried too hard to undo it the wrong way.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
View attachment 203799View attachment 203801 Yay won best farm ute. Scored a really nice trophy and a pressure washer as prizes, plus some bragging rights. Funny thing was one of the judges is the local police officer.
Good work. Congrats mate.

On another note;
Fitted new wideband sensor and calibrated. Then took my 10month old for a ride to repco (cheap trip out to entertain him for the day). Got some air fittings/tools and got used to the new brake feel. Went nice.
Then made a little more headway on fashioning the strut tower brace for the master cyl.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Busted a strut top. Hit a big hole on a dirt road back at Christmas and it must have cracked the mount because it has busted off now and left a bump in the bonnet along with cracked paint to boot..... I also must have fucked the TPS, when washing the engine, as the trans is not shifting up properly anymore and won't go into fourth....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So I have ordered a strut top mount from Rip-Every-Poor-C-Off and paid $73 (retail $91) and I only got it for that price because I have an RACT membership. Hate dealing with Repco but I had little choice as it would take a week for one to arrive from eBay. They used to only be about $70 from Holden but they are now discontinued. No idea what the mech will charge me to fit the mount hoping it's under $100. Then I have to figure out whether to spend $43 and buy a new TPS or whether mine can be saved. Either way the mech needs to take it off and clean it and see if it works or I just supply the new one and have him fit that and bin the old one. NFI if the Commodore TPS is something that can be repaired or if it just a throw away item. It's only two years old so spewin if I have to bin it.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So I have ordered a strut top mount from Rip-Every-Poor-C-Off and paid $73 (retail $91) and I only got it for that price because I have an RACT membership. Hate dealing with Repco but I had little choice as it would take a week for one to arrive from eBay. They used to only be about $70 from Holden but they are now discontinued. No idea what the mech will charge me to fit the mount hoping it's under $100. Then I have to figure out whether to spend $43 and buy a new TPS or whether mine can be saved. Either way the mech needs to take it off and clean it and see if it works or I just supply the new one and have him fit that and bin the old one. NFI if the Commodore TPS is something that can be repaired or if it just a throw away item. It's only two years old so spewin if I have to bin it.
V6 and V8 TPS are the same. I have 3 here, but have never had one go wrong. Strange that yours died so fast.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
V6 and V8 TPS are the same. I have 3 here, but have never had one go wrong. Strange that yours died so fast.

Mate I think it's the pressure washing I did yesterday that stuffed it. I have NFI if it can be taken off and blown out with low pressure compressed air or what. Or whether getting moisture in it has fucked it completely. If it happened on my way back to the country house could get it off and try some air on it to see. I may still but it will be revving at 3k the whole way.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Mate I think it's the pressure washing I did yesterday that stuffed it. I have NFI if it can be taken off and blown out with low pressure compressed air or what. Or whether getting moisture in it has fucked it completely. If it happened on my way back to the country house could get it off and try some air on it to see. I may still but it will be revving at 3k the whole way.
Must be the price you pay for a prize winning show car aye.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well the strut has been repaired. Really happy he was able to slip me in a such short notice, normally close to a week and only 90 bucks labor. He road tested the and the TPS didn't play up. I have now just pulled the plug off to see if it has moisture in it. Gonna leave it 30 mins and allow the heat of the engine to dry out any potential moisture. Then I will pull the engine fuse and reset the PCM. Hopefully then the TPS problem doesn't resurface.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Broke down again, can't get out of first gear. Thinking TPS, at the mechanics now. Hopefully it is TPS because that is what i bought.