Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Rather rebuild what I have for a lot less than buying another ute...plus I like this cheap p.o.s

Besides never see any vp utes around here compared to vr/s.

*Took a look at ute in daylight,noticed front now sits lower than rear...a look I hate so walked back inside lol

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah for sure, same down here not many VPs same with VRs, VS there are quite a few. I'd love a V8 but I'm only just getting my head around V6 problems. If i dropped in an 8 I'd be flying blind again and would have to learn how to change HAS and coils that have no access, lol.

I just bought a CAI from MACE this week so will be good to see what gains i get. Ideally i will notice some increase in torque as thats what i really need, as i tow a fair bit. I Already have Pacies and tune, so figured next on the list was CAI.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
[QUOTE="gtrboyy,

Took a look at ute in daylight,noticed front now sits lower than rear...a look I hate so walked back inside lol[/QUOTE]

Lol, is a step closer to how you want it

I remember those days of working on cars on a driveway like that ( don't miss that one little bit).

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
It's making me want to go head on with council again about a new garage & hoist setup...bucketlist dream!!!!

It has me working on cars again as a hobby & practice run for the better cars lol

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
see post below

Last edited:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Did a full front caliper clean and then overhaul on the lads car.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
It's making me want to go head on with council again about a new garage & hoist setup...bucketlist dream!!!!

It has me working on cars again as a hobby & practice run for the better cars lol

Yeah I've got 2.2 metres from back of garage to back fence.
Don't know how legal to add a bit ( lean to style) to back but that's my idea , 1.2 to 1.4 by the 9.2 metre width, back window is about 1.6 wide , that's my new doorway into that extra area .

Shelving for all the standard parts ( coming off cars , to revert to standard) at one end and other end put compressor , press, grit blasting cabinet and probably even/ maybe I have one of those combo , guillotine/ roller/ folders, it's on a castered stand I made , so easy to move .

Have to put two beams in roof and then can knock 3 or 4 roof trusses out and then have height for 4 post hoist and raise car.
What room I'd loose with hoist would gain being able to have work space under car on hoist, not to mention way more comfortable working on underside of cars.
Some of my dreams anyway.

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I've got the room a crappy 6x7metres + 2.9x6 carport/leanto at side of it then 9x5.5metres of dirt in front waiting to be pavered.

Waited too long for landscaper to do pavers so started v8 conversion on small patch I layed down as soon as got auto back lol.

Unfortunately council won't approve do 6x10 metre garage (with hoist) with 6x5 metre carport even though it was within their rules they just state other rules to say no.

I'd gladly eat bake beans for a year,wear rags for clothes to have that dream setup!!!!!!!!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You could always go a pit, that's what I have and it is almost as good as a hoist.