Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Haven't found a thread on what people have done on their VR/VS' in the last day or two. Hoping it's ok to start a thread so we can hear what VR/VS owners have been doing on their rigs.
Mods if this thread is elsewhere please let me know and feel free to delete this one.

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Drove the usual 50+kms to work & back.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Working on some repair work with the lower dash plastics. Some previous owner has over-tightened the screws and snapped pieces off. I'm now in the process of repairing the broken bits by gluing new plastic to the existing piece in-order to reinforce the damaged areas and filling the gaps with Q Bond and redrilling the holes if needed. I might need to paint the finished product as the glue can be seen in spots, just need to try and match the existing colour best I can.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Done my dash plastic to the point that I can without Q Bond. Cut up lost of little pieces of icecream lid and have super glued it on. Need to wait until I get home to my own house Thursday eve where I have Q Bond sand to reinforce the cracks in the plastic and fill in the missing bits, so the screws won't break away. Looked at the True Value Hardware for some fine sand and they only had pavelock sand and $17 a bag and I only need 50grams not 20kg. So left that there and I will have to wait a couple of days before I can refit the lower dash surround. Bummed as I was keen to slap some plastic primer on and see if the colour is close to the original grey.

wildfiremaint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS , 2007 Subaru LIBERTY Wagon
I finally put the oil pressure gauge in the dash. I have yet to connect to the sender.
I didn't want to destroy the original dash so just got an old speed alert from the wrecker
and modified it to fit the gauge in.

IMG_0995.JPG

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Done some more on the lower dash part that I am repairing rather than try to replace. Starting to get there now. I found JB weld on the Net last night and this gear is great and it's resistant to petrol which means I can fix the split on my brush cutter too. Going to apply another layer tonight once it sets a bit more then tomorrow I will be right to sand and paint. :)

Attachments

• dash surround1.jpg
    dash surround1.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 443
  • dash surround2.jpg
    dash surround2.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 489