Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

LSV MALOUF

Reaction score
Members Ride
Donkey
Bad memories back a few years 17 yrs old of my first commodore vn5l ex chaser dead lsd frying in the wet at 100ish showing off then ditch then broken ! Wet weather be ware aye! Even if you can steer or think you can a bad surface combined with maybe not optimal geometry or tyre choice or even a dead shocky can go pretty bad

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Installed my new bonnet insulation fits a treat.
hows the edges? reports are that the RS repros have thicker edges, will be interesting to see how it wears or if it takes on moisture and swells more than the originals do?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Oil and filter when I got home today and into the shed. Had a quick glance over and all looks ok under the bonnet. Brakes were checked a couple of weeks ago and told all good.
I now have a choice tomorrow dig fence hole posts or replace the w pump gasket?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Oil and filter when I got home today and into the shed. Had a quick glance over and all looks ok under the bonnet. Brakes were checked a couple of weeks ago and told all good.
I now have a choice tomorrow dig fence hole posts or replace the w pump gasket?

Water pump gasket leaking badly...Not from what I read, so I'd be doing fence holes...:)

Oh if the ute gives you the irrates, make sure a fence post hole is deep and wide o_O

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Water pump gasket leaking badly...Not from what I read, so I'd be doing fence holes...:)

Oh if the ute gives you the irrates, make sure a fence post hole is deep and wide o_O
Yeah fence it is, I only have two holes left to go. Its about an hour or more per hole, once the post is set, as the ground is terrible. As for the WP I keep looking at it and then think nahhhh and shut the bonnet.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Change CAS over the weekend and went for a test strap all good.

Next is to repair the cluster tracks for intermittent dash illumination

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Took the afternoon to figure out that the starting issue that arose over the last few days was a faulty key. It started playing up yesterday and got worse as the day progress. It would not turn over. Tried and it started. On dark I rang wife to come and get me. Jumped in and tried bridging the inhibitor switch and it started and I drove home (30k) . Hopped in this afternoon and no start. Checked inhibitor switch with multi meter and it is working OK. got wife to try while I checked power to the solenoid. None. Long story short. Somehow I picked up the other set of keys and away she went. Both keys have new batteries and will lock and unlock remotely. I then remembered that I took a set of keys for a soak in our local hot water creek, about this time of year. Dried it and they worked OK and then eventually cut a new key for the spare fob. Seems that yesterday I took the keys I took soaking in. The hot soak, although extremely beneficial to me was not good for the electronics. I will find out in the morning whether my theory is correct.

StephenM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Equippe Series II
Utes and rain aargh,I don't even think about throttle in moisture especially with this iffy trans and dying lsd this ol beater has widened more than a few eyes with these lil tyres it'll step out at halfway through 3rd in the dry if the surface isn't perfect and is useless on big rims everywhere, I'm sorta looking forward to summer,warm dry roads and feeling in my fingers
Just whack a couple of bags of cement in the back.