Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The keys also have an issue with the ring knob on the key. Once that wears down it can make it hard to start. I went through everything on my ute and it turns out the key knob is worn down. Priced up a key and Stealer said $120 then I have to pay $20 to have it cut. I just wiggle the key or turn it back until it cranks. Usually goes on the second turn.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Been noticing the occasional CEL. Turns out it's code 13. I now have to buy a new sensor from Repco as have no where else to get one from, none on eBay. Probably check the signal wire first but I suspect it's the sensor.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Finally had some time to pull the dash out, tracks are good, found all cheap LEDs were crook. Replaced and working sweet now.

Replaced USB hub behind the screen, now I have the touchscreen working :D

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Ute been looking sad after it broke down to get NRMA tow home....either fuel pump died or cats done something to my wiring.

Yeah that's right!!!!!
Cats have been climbing into engine to sleep on top of the bananas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knew they slept underneath it & even used it as tanning bed but never knew mofo's used swaybar(step 1) then chassis rail (step 2) then engine harness to relay box (step 3) to get themselves up in the engine bay to kip on 304 goodness....explains why harness would look liked it'd been pushed down & top of bananas looked so clean.

Scared shite out of me 1/2 hour after ute got towed home & pushed into backyard popped the bonnet....saw 1 small cat run off then look into engine bay there's another startled cat looking back on top of the engine.

Comes in 3's doesn't it?

Took 3 farking hours waiting time for tow truck to come,1 sickie burned as was on way to work so had to call it in & then feral cat clan disrespectin' my ute afterwards haha

VS Work Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 series 2 VS V6 ute
Well I took it for it's first drive with the new motor this arvo. Started first pop on the stock memcal yesterday. Put the Mace one in tonight, bled the clutch and off she went. The ebay short shifter for the getrag is good. Gets the exhaust clamped and sealed tomorrow, font end alignment and one new tyre on Monday and off for a roady test on friday. Will spend the weekend tiding up around the car and checking for leaks.
VS ute.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Had to nail it leaving SCA today to avoid getting tboned. Nearly caused an accident as I couldn't see the car coming from my left. I was creeping out, then I was committed because the cars blocked my vision. Damn ute stepped out sideways when I planted it, to avoid being hit. Scared the **** out of me as wasn't expecting it, and the last thing I want is a smashed up ute and another insurance claim to boot. Bloke who would have nearly hit me would have been pissed off thinking young hoon in a mang ute, even though it was accidental. If this is how a mild V6 performs I'm glad I don't have a V8. If I did it would have been a 180.....

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Had to nail it leaving SCA today to avoid getting tboned. Nearly caused an accident as I couldn't see the car coming from my left. I was creeping out, then I was committed because the cars blocked my vision. Damn ute stepped out sideways when I planted it, to avoid being hit. Scared the **** out of me as wasn't expecting it, and the last thing I want is a smashed up ute and another insurance claim to boot. Bloke who would have nearly hit me would have been pissed off thinking young hoon in a mang ute, even though it was accidental. If this is how a mild V6 performs I'm glad I don't have a V8. If I did it would have been a 180.....
Can definitely happen given the right conditions mate, decent tyres do help with this

Comcal76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP v6

If your mild V6 scared the **** out of you, you really don't want to add boost then :)