Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Did the valve springs today .. Wot a fun job!!!
Did you replace them with the heads still on? What method did you use, air or rope? I considered using the rope method but decided my valves might have needed replacing or at a min grinding. Ended up with spare heads in now getting a complete overhaul, with new HD Crows.

Timbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute V8 manual & Vl walkinshaw
Did you replace them with the heads still on? What method did you use, air or rope? I considered using the rope method but decided my valves might have needed replacing or at a min grinding. Ended up with spare heads in now getting a complete overhaul, with new HD Crows.
Yeah mate heads still on and used the air method . The hardest part was putting the collets in place especially with my fat fingers . Otherwise not to bad .

Unclemushy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
So it has been a minute since i've dropped in, ive had quite the adventure with my vs over the near 12 months of ownership.

Today i am curious on experiences with cooling systems, my eco runs typically at 1/8-1/4 on the temp guage but since its warmed up it goes to 1/2 at the roadworks if not a touch over on the extra toasty days, is this normal or is does it need some attention?

On a side note that i may end up cutting my losses on, anyone ever do a getrag swap and purchase a pedal box from a t5 being told "they're all the same" and following up to be told to cut and mount hydro master at the top of the pedal?

I never managed to post a photo because they're too large to post... https://vm.tiktok.com/ZS9REkNN/

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
T

My comment is of no assistance , but I had the same issue.

I have since found out the actuator for a S3 Ute (Not sure about sedans) have the VT-VZ actuator syle, im unsure at this stage whether to buy a new actuator for $116 for a used VT Lock and get the actuator off it for half the price.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
drove the Senator over the weekend, hit the 180,000 mark. you forget how nice it drives when you don't get out in it often.

180,000 is it time for a rebuild with cam? :D

Attachments

• IMG_7543.JPEG
    IMG_7543.JPEG
    251.8 KB · Views: 91

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
drove the Senator over the weekend, hit the 180,000 mark. you forget how nice it drives when you don't get out in it often.

180,000 is it time for a rebuild with cam? :D
Sounds like a good idea! :) Only kidding.

Seriously, doe's it need a rebuild?

Nice looking car.

Timbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs ute V8 manual & Vl walkinshaw
Installed push rods , roller rockers , timing cover and water pump today .. slowly coming together..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201017-123954_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201017-123954_Gallery.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 134