Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you do to your VR/VS today?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Supercheap

They sell the bit that holds wiper blade, but not the entire wiper assembly it would seem? The bit that wears out on a VR is the lower aluminium part of the wiper arm. Finding good ones is near impossible and the passenger side seems to wear out more than the drivers side.
I might still grab some though as the factory units are hard to keep looking good, even after a repaint.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Ute has done over 100kms in shakedown runs so started looking at roadworthy stuff since it sat dormant most of last rego after it got sideswiped...no horn or intermittent washers.

Thinking had to be complex issue like horn pad or wiring traced test light it from relay to steering wheel to horn wiring hidden at bumper...horn is RS or plug issue...should have just went to simplest check first like every other car but still lacking trust in the ute untill she racks up 1000kms no breakdowns or issues then will be happy.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Drove it 2hrs in shite peakhour traffic...really need to flush brake system for better pedal.

Front tyre slow leak again...new tyres on front though.

Spent 1k in parts mostly whiteline gear even at discounted cash no delivery prices....most of it not needed untill it makes alot more power but fcuk it was already there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lex

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Two weeks ago plus a couple of days ago I ordered a reconditioned tailshaft. Would be here tomorrow they said. After a week of ringing them I gave up and took my one in to get repaired. Just got it back so I should have the Ute back on the road shortly. Even though we have the VE to drive it will be good to have it going again.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
No visible damage.

Valve was changed when tyre was changed & it was dunked in bathtub of water by tyre dude supposedly no leaks *shrugz*

1985VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL
A really slow leak wont show up when they dunk it as i found out several weeks later

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Same here although did state it previously leaked hence new valve & bathtub drowning.

After a week or so sitting in driveway dropped maybe 10psi barely noticed it now it's dropping enough in 1-2 days can tell lost air first corner out of street (manual steering rack)

I also lack patience for that boring tyre change shite so went for a walk & came back half hour later whilst they did 2 front tyres.

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Put the driveshaft in yesterday. Went to the Gold Coast this morning to pick up some 17" vz s wheels for the Ute. The real bonus is that I didn't get lost. The wheels all had a bit of gutter rash and the tyres were rooted but that was ok as I always intended to use my tyres anyway. The rims cleaned up pretty good so they were a good buy.

The Ute runs that well that I have had a change of heart and will get painted. VH has to be running first so it wont be in the near future.