Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you pay for your Service?

jvp007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX2 S
$140 for 90,000 service at Gerald Slaven Holden in Canberra

kmbattle

Reaction score
Took my ute in today for 10,000 service and repair fuel guage.(already been in once for this)
Got charged $211 for what is pretty much just an engine oil and filter change. Didnt even attempt the fuel guage and to top it all off left 2 nice scratches on 1 side of my car.
Holden can go **** a goat.

kmbattle

Reaction score
Might I add, this nice work was done at Bunbury Holden so if your in the south west of WA be sure to avoid them. :)

Ralph1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SSZ
I had my VY V8 70,000 service done recently and it was $230 @ Holden. :ranting:

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
kmbattle said:
Took my ute in today for 10,000 service and repair fuel guage.(already been in once for this)
Got charged $211 for what is pretty much just an engine oil and filter change. Didnt even attempt the fuel guage and to top it all off left 2 nice scratches on 1 side of my car.
Holden can go **** a goat.
dealers always walk around the outside of the car and mark every single little scratch and dent on a piece of paper. if you are 100% sure they did it go and tell them and ask to see the pre service inspection papers*

* they may not call them pre service inspection papers but its the only way i could discribe them

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
It is true guys... thats where i got my new car from (Suttons Chullora) and its 3years/45,000 free servicing.. whuch ever comes first.
Yes its in writing
Yes it includes oil/parts/filters
Yes it includes labour..

But not tyres or brakes....

kmbattle

Reaction score
Troy711 said:
dealers always walk around the outside of the car and mark every single little scratch and dent on a piece of paper. if you are 100% sure they did it go and tell them and ask to see the pre service inspection papers*

* they may not call them pre service inspection papers but its the only way i could discribe them

Pretty sure they didnt do an exterior inspection on my car. There is a section for it on my receipt and they havent filled it out. I know the scratches werent there before anyway.
Anyway, they were only minor and after a bit of polishing they can only just be seen in certain light. Lucky for them.

X

xcapee

i paid $242 for my 10,000km service on my VZ SS

$58 for castrol magnatec oil
$9 for oil filter

the rest on labour

ARM-SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6 A5
Got my SV6 serviced yesterday ... 15000km ... about $225 for the service ... $60 for a wheel alignment (it seems the previous owner was a gutter-basher) & $40 to get a new key head programmed.
I also got a quote to supply & fit reverse sensors does $653 fitted sound alright?

80shovelead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, VS Exec, VL Exec
Just put our sv6 in for the 15000 service today and the alingnment on the front wheels is out by tyre wear. Apparently these need a 4 wheel alignment which is being done been quoted $53 for all 4 wheels to be done. So ARM-SV6 the previous owner may not have been a gutter basher. Had this one from new and have'nt done anything to cause alignment to be out so its seems like it may be a possible fault that may be strarting to occour. Also their charging $173 for the service $39 for emmission service and $25 for the balancing and rotating.