Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you pay for your Service?

Boughto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
Just had my vz ss crewman 10000km services done at ultra tune for $150,(oil & Filter). Dwyers Holden Wollongong wanted $200 for the same service. They say that they do extra checks and tyre rotations.

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
G'day all.
Im new here and its my first post :wave:

I just had a 15K service done on my VZ V6 Storm today. (P*nnant Hills)
TOTAL = $283.60

15K service labour $165 + GST
The handbook suggests 1.2hrs. That works out at $135 p/hour
Their reply: "Sir, we use a fixed price service charge and it is not charged by the hour"

Oil Filter $16.11 + GST
Oil Magnetic 10/30 $61.75 + GST
P/Steering fluid was low $4.48 + GST
Environmental Levy $5 + GST
W/Shop supplies $8.50 + GST
TOTAL $283.60

Z

Z()LTAN

i pay exactly NOTHING as i do it all myself and keep good records of everything, only cost is the parts and oils usualy costs me like $70-$80 for a full service :)

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
If you have a local mechanic you're on good terms with, that won't void your warranty.. get it done by them. My mechanic does a minor service at about $120, and a major service at $170. That includes all the standard servicing, rotation of tyres, AND windscreen wiper inserts heh

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
Spyper said:
If you have a local mechanic you're on good terms with.......... AND windscreen wiper inserts heh

Yep i think thats the solution. He lives 2 streets from home and will pick up my car and drop it off to me at home for no extra charge ..... and gives me the invoice and says come down anytime the next few days to fix it up :)
He OWNS the place and has run it for 20 years and he has 3 mature mechanics. Most importantly I trust that he does everything he says. He actually commented that the spare on my car has a 80km speed limit sticker on it ..... so it proves he winched it down under the ute

The bloke infront of me at Holden today was having a bitch at the $38 :mad: wiper blade inserts !!

Just the engine oil for a VZ is expensive, its meant to run on the thin 10-30W stuff and by the time you put 6.5L of that in its about $45-50 even if you buy it yourself on sale. The old Ecotech just has normal 20/50W which is cheaper.

ss16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S3 SS A4
Rod VZ Storm said:
G'day all.
Im new here and its my first post :wave:

I just had a 15K service done on my VZ V6 Storm today. (P*nnant Hills)
TOTAL = $283.60

15K service labour $165 + GST
The handbook suggests 1.2hrs. That works out at $135 p/hour
Their reply: "Sir, we use a fixed price service charge and it is not charged by the hour"

Oil Filter $16.11 + GST
Oil Magnetic 10/30 $61.75 + GST
P/Steering fluid was low $4.48 + GST
Environmental Levy $5 + GST
W/Shop supplies $8.50 + GST
TOTAL $283.60

I just came back from the local Dealer $300 lighter in the pocket for the stock standard 40,000 service on my VS.

Whilst I agree with part prices I cannot imagine how the $105/hr labour charge (1.5hrs as per manual) is 30% discounted (offer local dealer has on 6yo vehicles)
or
what could possibly be included in $19.48 (+GST) "Workshop Supplies"

On a side note they wanted to change the brakefluid that was replaced 1,000kms ago when the brake upgrade went in. !!! I asked them to step away from the brakes. They are fine !

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
SS16 i hear you loud and clear !!!!

I think that a local regular mechanic is the way to go .... cheaper and you know they do a honest job on your car.

Id like to take it to my local mechanic, but under warranty i dont want to have any dramas. I know that any "qualified" mechanic can stamp the log book and it is meant to be OK but i dont want a fight with Holden if i need to make a major claim.

Im seriously thinking about going to the local bloke for everything. I might give holden one last try.

(im still using the local bloke for the in-between oil changes though)

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Sorry to bring a wrong car but my parents toyota avalon went in for a 46000 k service with rta inspection for about 280 i think, also i was just wondering how far do holden services go eg when it was serviced they regassed the air-con?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
deadfish2 said:
Sorry to bring a wrong car but my parents toyota avalon went in for a 46000 k service with rta inspection for about 280 i think, also i was just wondering how far do holden services go eg when it was serviced they regassed the air-con?
Not sure exactly what you're asking, but they wouldn't regas ur a/c unless something was wrong or if you asked them to..

Rod VZ Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Storm ute M6
Holden would re-gas the air con if it needed it and charge you a bucket i would think.
(and hopefully ring for approval from the owner b4 doing it)

Its not covered in the normal service charge.