Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What did you pay for your Service?

Discussion in 'VZ Holden Commodore (2004 - 2006)' started by errol, Sep 12, 2005.

1. SLugg

SLugg Member

Members Ride:
    VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
    I have been into the workshop and met the bloke who services my car
    we had a chat about caring for it properly and he is suitibly rewarded for good work , beside he values his balls and would not like them removed and served to him fried on a plate...

2. zim

zim Guest

i worked at holden dealers for over 16 years most of the time the mechanics do there best, but the service advisors book in too much work and try to upsell so they get there bonus. but the mechanic would be lucky to be on $18 an hour, the dealer gets the oil in bulk and pays only a few buck a ltr.
    if they charge you for say whynns additives with out asking you tell them to drain the oil and fill it again or you will call holden customer assist as holden recomends no additives. also if they charge you for wheel weights on a ballance and you notice no weights changed make them do it again while you wait that will piss em right off:rofl: . but yea as i know it you don't have to service it at the dealer to keep your warranty as long as its serviced by the book, but if you have a good dealer and allways service it there you can get known problems done after warranty if the mechanics and dealer get along with you. oh and watch out for the real young service advisors as any good mechanic stays on the floor, young ****heads are moved off and made service advisors then they go into usedcar sales:yeah:

3. vzstack

vzstack Guest

dearest service so far $183 including rotate and balance wheels/tyres maybee you should look for a satalite service centre with no leather lounge and recetionest as most are only $55 per hr instead of 75+ like a dealer

4. Baritji

Baritji Guest

I know this thread is about a month old.... But Kerrys Holden just quoted me 300-350 for a 15k service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ultratune here I come!!

5. paulwelter

paulwelter New Member

Members Ride:
    vz lumina
    if you do service your self does it void the warranty ?

6. commodore2004

commodore2004 New Member

Members Ride:
    vz berlina
    The last service i had was at John Young at penrith and they tried to charge me $275 for the 30,000km service,after some discussion they droped the price to $220.
    But when i picked up the car only half the service was done,coolant expansion tank was dry wheels hadn't been balanced and rotated and the strapes on the doors were still dry,did i go off rang head office and got the complaints person who said how sorry she was and to take it back next day .
    I think if your a person who doesn't know too much about cars,look out cause the holden dealer will take advantage of you,make sure you mark your wheels just so the can't say they rotated them.
    Just because they gave me a discount on the service didn't mean the service
    also reduced.

7. MikesVT

MikesVT M&M =D

Members Ride:
    Nothing :'(
    Woah... bit of an old thread :p

Well I payed $1045.65 for my last service :) so... I beat you all :)

8. JD

JD Donating Member

Members Ride:
    1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
    surely u must of got something repaired in that price cos i wouldn't pay a grand for a service

9. twb1979

twb1979 New Member

Members Ride:
    2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
    I just paid $225.02 at my local Mechanic up in Wangara (WA) for my 37500km service, I do service mine at 7500km intervals NOT 15000km.

1 x Workshop Labour $90
    1 x Engine Oil Flush and Lube $12.20
    1 x Mobil 1 Full Synth Engine oil 5l (5W/50)
    1 x Environmental Used Oil Disposal $5
    4 x Wheel Balance and Rotate (front to rear diagonally) $22
    1 x Holden Oil Filter Cartridge 92149006 $15.36
    GST Not Included in any Item Amounts $20.46

Total $225.02

I'd much rather take me car to a smaller place where I know it's going to be looked after and not thrashed around the block by some 16 year old kid with a face full of zits!

My local Holden dealer is Wangara (the one where the VE SS got ripped from on the test-drive recently) is worse than a shopping centre carpark. Cars parked like a sardine-can and I've heard too many horror stories about cars being damaged whilst in for service.:rip:

I keep all my documentation and receipts and they service it according to the owners manual and stamp it accordingly.

I had a bad experience with them when I had a knocking noise in the front suspension which turned out to be the engine covers not seated properly on the rubber gromments and they insisted on try to blame my sunnies which were in the top compartment and charged me $110 for 1 hour labour!!

It's just a myth that Holden does the 'best' job in my honest opinion, if your local mechanic is trusted by you take it to them.

Sadly I do have to take it back to Holden at some stage for:
    a) the fuel gauge is about as reliable as a bangkok prostitute telling you if she's got HIV.:w00t:
    b) the gearbox makes a wurring noise in reverse.
    c) the drivers window has recently started creaking annoyingly when I hit a bump in the road.:ranting:

Tom/WA

10. MikesVT

MikesVT M&M =D

Members Ride:
    Nothing :'(
    Yeahh it did have a couple things that needed replacing, would have cost about 300 otherwise

11. brownie82

brownie82 New Member

Members Ride:
    VE SV6 Ute SIDI M6 Karma Blue
    Got my 45,000 done the other week.
    Labour - $344.50
    Parts - $144.06
    Oil etc - $64.85
    Key - $18.85
    Comsumables - $27.15
    Gst - $59.94

Parts also included all the bits and peices for a new key. Now ive seen this thread, im thinking they saw me coming. Gonna look around next time. Also after I got it back i had to take it in two times to try and get the oil serice warning fixed aswell (as mentioned in another thread)

These holden guys charge like scrub bulls. Im in the wrong game i should get a holden dealership.

Cheers
    Brownie

12. IPCOlsenVZ

IPCOlsenVZ Member

Members Ride:
    05 VZ Commodore Equipe
    I got the two year service done plus the diff fluid, transmission fluid and power steering changed. I brought all the fluid except the brake fluid, total cost total cost $740. Heres the break down.

Two year service minus motor oil $200
    Motor oil $75 (6L Mobil 1 10W30)
    Diff oil changed $50
    Diff oil $54 (2L SAF-XA)
    Transmission fluid changed $100
    Transmission fluid $114 (8L Transmax Z)
    Power steering fluid changed $50
    Transmission fluid used

Then the other small things that pushed the price up.
    They didn’t even change the power steering fluid either... so there not getting my business again.

13. vzberlinav6

vzberlinav6 Member

Members Ride:
    vz berlina v6
    i paid 220 for my 15,000km service on my vz berlina. wasnt till i checked in my manual after that the price quoted was 148.

14. commodore2004

commodore2004 New Member

Members Ride:
    vz berlina
    That seems like a expensive price for transmission service, my local auto transmission place only charges $125 for a full service including oil and filter.
    What anoys me is they charge by the litre, but they buy by the 200litre drums and the oil for your trans would of only cost them $5 a litre.

15. IPCOlsenVZ

IPCOlsenVZ Member

Members Ride:
    05 VZ Commodore Equipe
    na i bought the oil in myself and it only comes in 4l bottle (retail)

16. pepsi

pepsi New Member

Members Ride:
    VT V6
    thats the best way to go. the mechanic that was servicing my car started getting extremely lazy. so now i just tell them to change the oil and filter and it costs bout $60. i can put tyre polish on my wheels myself to make it look like ive done a good job haha

17. Law84

Law84 New Member

Members Ride:
    2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
    I bought my car second hand from Pickles, car was originally bought on 24/10/05 so I am still under the 3 year warranty.. With it included services history, handbook, etc. and a couple of Suttons VIP cards. Rang them up today and was advised the VIP cards are of no value to me, only the original buyer.

The original buyer also had 3 year free service, the customer service chick advised me it's not transferable. Does anyone know the whether the VIP and indeed the 3 year free service is transferable?

18. f1tzy

f1tzy New Member

Members Ride:
    FG XR6T Ute manual
    are you referring about the factory holden warranty? If so then yes you do. I bought my ute from auctions and i had a few things done under warranty

19. Law84

Law84 New Member

Members Ride:
    2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
    Yeah, the factory warranty is transferable. but, how about the 3 years/45000km free service?