Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Diff?

admiral8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais
Hey there im looking at putting an LSD into my vk calais I need somthing pretty strong as im planning on making stupid amounts of power (around 400 RWKW) would a vl turbo take this sort of punishment and is it a straight conversion or would I need somthing like a F#*D 9 inch.

cheers.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
a 4 pinion Borg Warner diff, a VL Turbo job, would handle it alright. What plans do you have, drag or street

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
nine inch conversions arent too badly priced now and are a good base for a high punishment diff.... plus you gotta find a VL turbo diff to start with and they arent very common at all

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
VL V8's also had the 4 pinion diff like the turbo's.
Ratios
V8 3.08
Turbo 3.45
Every one goes for the turbo diffs because of the ratio, which is easily changed anyway.

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Ford 9' Diff

boona15 said:
nine inch conversions arent too badly priced now and are a good base for a high punishment diff.... plus you gotta find a VL turbo diff to start with and they arent very common at all
yep, that's the way I'd go.Bro has a fully sick XC Coupe running a 429 big block on NOS.It has a nine.Handles my bros heavy foot ok.Althou I once heard talk about seat belt bolt troubles with the nines.Sumthing about the rear belt bolts rubbing on the tyres in Commodores.Unsure of bros RKW output but he says he feeds on a diet of strictly Asian, chews up a rice burner once a week.It's an awsum machine, goes that quick it dun leave a shadow.Personally thou I consider it a vulgar display of excessive horsepower, but each to their own.Brother isn't a young bloke either so he's half there......I think.??
There it is.I know it ain't no Holden but is sweet...

Attachments

• Patrick's Coupe.JPG
    Patrick's Coupe.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

VRSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 6-Speed
308vkcalais said:
yep, that's the way I'd go.Bro has a fully sick XC Coupe running a 429 big block on NOS.It has a nine.Handles my bros heavy foot ok.Althou I once heard talk about seat belt bolt troubles with the nines.Sumthing about the rear belt bolts rubbing on the tyres in Commodores.Unsure of bros RKW output but he says he feeds on a diet of strictly Asian, chews up a rice burner once a week.It's an awsum machine, goes that quick it dun leave a shadow.Personally thou I consider it a vulgar display of excessive horsepower, but each to their own.Brother isn't a young bloke either so he's half there......I think.??

thats one tough car :p
the olds fords are good, its the new ones that i dont like..
besides the BA XR6T.. they're sweet

admiral8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk Calais
Thanks for the imput I think ill probably just go the nine inch conversion for now. ill be running it on the street (getting sick of wrx's and skylines at the lights) looking at doing a twin turbo stroker sort of combo.

A-TEAM AUTOMOTIVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais 3.3 efi
what engine u hav? 8 or 6, efi or carby ?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
308vkcalais said:

Nice and mean looking. My cousin has an XC Cobra replica with a 351 Clevland with 302 heads and a compression of 10:1 I think. Even BP Ultimate fuel still makes it ping! Very nice car. Feels like you're taking off in a jet engine when he puts it at half throttle. I was honoured to be allowed to have a drive once. I must be only 2-3 who have driven it since he built it. I know the work involved in putting a car together. Like the other guy, it's the older Fords that really make me want one like an old XY GT would be not bad. :)

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Brother now has brought a fully original spec XC Cobra 351.In good condition aswell apparently.I've not seen it yet.I think he said there were only ever 500made.He has also just bought an original XC GS Coupe, again all original.He's got a very clean & strait Marquis up his place too.Young Bros a Ford nut.I like them aswell but only the older types likehis & the GTHO's.I'll slap up sum pics when I see(drool)over them next.