Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Diff?

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Sounds good. There was only 400 of them made and they came in 302, 351, 4 speed manuals and 3 speed autos. They all came with dash plaques, so you know if you got an original. The first 200 were 351's and the rest were 302's. Not a million dollar value, but worth over $10K now. But in reality, a really good XC Cobra should fetch tens of thousands.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
What sort of land does your brother have to store these cars? My cousin being a farmer, has plenty though! :)

308vkcalais

DIO..
Reaction score
Adelaide(City of Godbothers)Churches S.A.
Members Ride
308 VK Calais, VK EFI Berlina, V6 VN & Kenworth...
Brother has a farm.We go dirt bike riding up his place.He has his own tractors so we make r own dirt tracks on a spare paddock he has wif jumps & banked corners.Just spoke 2 him it is an original XC Cobra No;115.I'm hanging to see it.Luv the throaty roar of a 351.He knows all about Fords & Cobras.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Yeah dirt bikes are fun. My cousin has an XR 600 which has good power. You could almost kill yourself on it! Feels like 0-100 in 2 seconds. Going out spot lighting can be interesting. I will probably be going Thursday night. Hopefully we can get a few foxes and a couple of hares for the hounds. :) He has a big farm in dairy country, Northern Victoria. Not a dairy farmer though. Mixed business. Cattle, sheep, crops. I'd be interested in knowing how much he paid for it. My cousins Cobra replica is as good as any very good original Cobra. Has the stripes and all the goo.

admiral8, sorry for hijacking your thread. :/

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Sorry to highjacking this thread but damn that yellow XC looks great, love the hard top XA-XC Falcons.
Oh and Slim there is a rare XC Cobra, with option 97, the Bathurst spec ones. These ones fetch a high price these days, not quite its XA/XB GT Coupe sisters.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
SL/E, have you got any further info on it? I have never heard of anything further.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
Slim, after searching though my library of Australian Muscle Car mags, 30 XC Cobras gained "Bathurst Option 97" which have; Scheel front seats, wider rear wheel arch for fatter rubber, spring tower reinforcement, fibreglass front spoiler(the other Cobras had vacuum formed ones), transmission cooler, idler arm brace, electric fan, hood scoop(same as A9X ones), long range fuel tank(128 litres), the front and rear seat trimmed in Corduroy/Cashmere black fabric(Other Cobras had blue/black interiors) and last of all fitted with 351 Clevo V8, I think Borg Warner 4 speed manuals(i have read that ford stopped with the Toploaders during XB Production). None of the "Bathurst Specials" had air con and power steering.

Slim if you can get hold of AMC issue 8.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Damien, I looked up my local library online and they don't have it. Do you have it in front of you? I'd really like a scan of the article if you had it.

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
I do have AMC Issue 8 in front of me but i don't have a scanner. But i'll see what i can do over the weekend. I gotta a new digi camera and has a setting for doc pics.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Cool. Thanks.