Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What direction is your subs face?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
When behind the seats face them rearward. When at the rear of the boot face them forward or upward.

Hoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT (1999)

Last edited:

jiimmiiboii

2nd gear trac off = :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
forgot this thread even existed lol i just moved it so now it faces the tail lights and it is about a 5-10cm off the wall

I made a custom housing for mine so it fits in the middle fold down part of my seat I'll put a photo up later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
I made a custom housing for mine so it fits in the middle fold down part of my seat I'll put a photo up later

If you mean facing into the cabin of the car, that's the best way to cause cancellation and lose your bass in a sedan :spot on:

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If you mean facing into the cabin of the car, that's the best way to cause cancellation and lose your bass in a sedan :spot on:

Quick question, and purely for curiosity. If you have the sub in its enclosure, but you face it into the cabin through the back seat fold down port, but then you do a nice custom fibreglass job so that the boot and the cabin are physically sealed and seperate, no air leakage,would the bass be louder in the cabin because it no longer needs to fill the air in the boot too?

jiimmiiboii

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack

What do you mean? I seen a show that showed how to do it and various different ways of doing it, and there was no mention of this ? Attached is a photo of my sub
enuqedup.jpg

jiimmiiboii

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series ii s pack
Also my sub and amp are rigged up to a switch so it's not on unless I want some bass

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I saw this thread once about how to mount twin turbos under the front seats....

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Quick question, and purely for curiosity. If you have the sub in its enclosure, but you face it into the cabin through the back seat fold down port, but then you do a nice custom fibreglass job so that the boot and the cabin are physically sealed and seperate, no air leakage,would the bass be louder in the cabin because it no longer needs to fill the air in the boot too?

In theory if the boot is completely separate from the cabin, then there'd be no issue. I had a friend with a EB Falcon years ago who tried to test it by sealing up every air gap with towels and blankets pushed in extremely tight and although it reduced the cancellation it was still obviously there when the boot was opened and the cabin sound increased.

What do you mean? I seen a show that showed how to do it and various different ways of doing it, and there was no mention of this ? Attached is a photo of my sub

Sit in your car with the windows up listening to music then pop your boot and have a friend outside open and close it... Do you hear a change in the amount of bass?

In every sedan with a forward facing sub (at the ski port) that I've tried that in, the bass increases inside the cabin when the boot is opened due to cancellation occurring with the boot closed.