Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what do i call my car...?

masterhermit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
hey all.... sorry if i sound stupid, but i am getting confused....?

currently looking for a new radiator, in the process of looking up or talking to some one i get told i dont have a vs...? when i tell them its a 2000 c ute they tell me i have a vt or some thing else...?

the car is an olimpic edition commodore ute v6 3.8 auto, build date was april 2000 model vs8vk80-a8b-7bb

even here states vr-vs 1993-1997

who can clear things up for me....? the vin plate is stamped 05/04/00 and says its a holden vs utility

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
Put up a front on picture of it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

masterhermit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
i dont happen to have one but it looks exactly like this one, even the same colour just diff lic plate.

image from an ad
url

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
It's probably a series III VS, there was no 'VT' ute as such it was a VU that came out in series II VT with the gen 3 engines.

Same thing as the series III VS Statemans came out with the VT 5L engine in them, then they changed to WH Statesman with the gen 3 engines as well, released with series II VTs.

Tell the radiator place they don't know sh*t and it's a series III VS ute and you shouldn't have any troubles

masterhermit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
this is exactly the same as my car...even the colour

Attachments

• digiads_car_ads_91685_1.jpg
    digiads_car_ads_91685_1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 131

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
hey all.... sorry if i sound stupid, but i am getting confused....?

currently looking for a new radiator, in the process of looking up or talking to some one i get told i dont have a vs...? when i tell them its a 2000 c ute they tell me i have a vt or some thing else...?

the car is an olimpic edition commodore ute v6 3.8 auto, build date was april 2000 model vs8vk80-a8b-7bb

even here states vr-vs 1993-1997

who can clear things up for me....? the vin plate is stamped 05/04/00 and says its a holden vs utility
Have highlighted the relevant areas. It's a VS. The Utilities ran longer than sedan/wagons.

masterhermit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
It's probably a series III VS, there was no 'VT' ute as such it was a VU that came out in series II VT with the gen 3 engines.

Same thing as the series III VS Statemans came out with the VT 5L engine in them, then they changed to WH Statesman with the gen 3 engines as well, released with series II VTs.

Tell the radiator place they don't know sh*t and it's a series III VS ute and you shouldn't have any troubles

yeah but maybe i want exactly say that....? problem is when i try to look up radiators myself..... it will say it wont fit my car....?

vrsprspt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VT Senator
yeah but maybe i want exactly say that....? problem is when i try to look up radiators myself..... it will say it wont fit my car....?
Just look up for a VS, will be fine, year doesn't really mean squat as long as is the right model

masterhermit

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
its very confusing when looking for a radiator.... as i said the dates the vendor posts dont match my car....?

can some one steer me right, i was thinking full aluminium....? 2 core....? i know the car has done me well since i bought it 16 yrs ago, just now has the plastic tank cracked.