Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Buick] what do i need to run 10psi

hhh_2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Wagon
Hi I have a vn v6 that I am going to turbo and need a some help the vn has about 300.000k on it what do i need to get it run 10psi i have got a t3\t4 turbo and all the little bit, turbo manifolds, Wastegate with 9-11 PSi spring.
thank

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
It will blow the head gasket, i would be putting a gasket kit through it first, but a couple things would be bigger injectors 39-42flow, double valve springs, 2 bar maps sensor, all the nitty grittys, do you have a full turbo kit?

hhh_2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Wagon
no i don't, just have dump pipe, bov, turbo, manifolds, Wastegate

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip 2 bar map sensor 36lb SC V6 injectors and give it some head and inlet gaskets should be good to go. you can do it without the gaskets but it sure beats pulling all the manifolds off again to replace them when it happens.youll need a tune for the bigger injectors and 2 bar map sensor thats easy got though. should be ok for at least 16psi stock.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
i'd leave the headgaskets alone for now. there is a guy on that other commodore forum that was running 19lbs on a stock VR donk and it only blew the gaskets when it overboosted to 21lbs after a boost controller failure. it did have a good tune though. he then fitted some permaseal headgaskets (couldn't get genuine headgaskets) after a quick home porting job and those gaskets failed after one pull on the dyno during the next tuning session.

headgaskets generally blow from to greater cylinder pressures which is generally a sign of to much ignition timing

read PSI instead of lbs :p

Last edited:

hhh_2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Wagon
do i need to upgrade the ecu for the 2 bar maps sensor and V6 supercharged injectors

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just the chip that goes in the ecu the 2 bar plugs in ok with one little peice of plastic removed.injectors direct fit too.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i'd leave the headgaskets alone for now. there is a guy on that other commodore forum that was running 19lbs on a stock VR donk and it only blew the gaskets when it overboosted to 21lbs after a boost controller failure. it did have a good tune though. he then fitted some permaseal headgaskets (couldn't get genuine headgaskets) after a quick home porting job and those gaskets failed after one pull on the dyno during the next tuning session.

headgaskets generally blow from to greater cylinder pressures which is generally a sign of to much ignition timing

totslly agree with that old gaskets would be well stuck on now and be less likely to blow. Boost and too much pressure tends to lift the heads up allowing gaskets to blow which is why head stud are great they have higher a torque and greater clamping force

hhh_2007

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Wagon
just the chip that goes in the ecu the 2 bar plugs in ok with one little peice of plastic removed.injectors direct fit too.

do you know where i can get the chip from for 2 bar map and how much thank

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
theres a base tune on here somewhere if you know someone with a chip burner or i could slap one on a chip for you for pretty cheap