Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you need to lower ur car

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
If you want to buy all the parts individually and then get someone to lower a car what parts do you need and what parts do people recommend, i want it as low as possible but i might want a body kit later. I have a VX Acclaim S2...
Can you tell me what price is average, i will probably look on ebay...

miguel

Conche Su Madre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
All you need is a set of lowering spings, Super lows drop around 65mm and can be picked up for between 350 and 450 a set. Not sure if in you model if you need shortened shocks aswell. My VT wagon I dropped 65mm without changing shocks.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
350-450 a set for king spring?!? Jst the springs???
Mate, if that what you paid you got ripped off by heaps!!!

For my VXII S i picked up all four, SL front and SSSL rear for 260 bux!
Also if you go any lower than SL and even with SL your looking at a camber kit.

UNLESS, you have a heavy duty tow bar installed as they normally come with a camber kit already.

I'm not sure about the installation cost of a camber kit but my mate just picked one up for 140 bux i think.

And finally the sorten shocks and struts...
Not all THAT essential but you will have a fair better ride with them.

Also, you said that you want it as low as you can, if you get i think SSL and SSSL in the rear you rear spring will not be captured (Shortened shocks fix this) and your mechanic will tell you off for it as each time we cuts your car up on a hoist their fall out....

Final note.

The commodore rear suspension assembly is offset to the left by about 10mm,
buggered if i know why but thats how it is.
Is you lower it to SSSL you will have to make sure that your current rims or future rims have an offset on them that doesn't caus problems.

I know when i got my 19's first tucked under my baby the rear left rubbed on the lip inside the guard so i had to get that rolled (50 bux for a job that if done properly the paint will be fine and uncracked or alot more for getting it done by someone who doesn't have a clue and cracks you paint and having to respray)

Hope that answers your question

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
That would be for the kit only not installed.I got quote a few month ago aruond $700 installed.Got a mate who in sydney that can get them for that from the tyre fitting place he works.The money is in fitting it.

Thomo

UNLEASH THE LION WITHIN
Reaction score
Members Ride
FAMILY VT & HONDA 04 CRF250
I'm not sure about the installation cost of a camber kit but my mate just picked one up for 140 bux i think.

That would be for the kit only not installed.I got quote a few month ago aruond $700 installed.Got a mate who in sydney that can get them for that from the tyre fitting place he works.The money is in fitting it.

Timzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
:O i have a heavy duty tow bar, does this mean i will not need a camber kit? how to i check if i have one?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
yer i have 1 also wat does 1 look like and how can u tell??? after my body kits all on i wanna lower my car not alot tho (coz of the kit) but i will need 2 go thought and get the same gear as infanti is asking 4??

Infanti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
i heard somewhere that i think the shocks in a VX S2 are adjustable and you dont need new ones!?! Any ideas on the truth behind this?

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Nope, they come with standard no adjustable shocks.
the only thing thats adjustable in the VX S2 is the control are for the rear.
Which means u can adjust the camber a tiny bit but not enough to compensate for after you gettin it lowered heaps.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
As for checking for a heavy duty camber kit im not exactly sure..
I know with mine its the one thats square and you can putt the tow-ball section out.
I recon any mechanic should be able to tell you if its HD or not.

And im pretty sure the HD ones come with a camber kit standard as when the car will be towing with the greater wait it will be sitting low for an extended time andwith more pressure on the tyres.

Good luck with it