Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think i got on the dyno

what power do you think i made at the wheels???

• 80-85rwkw

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • 85-90rwkw

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • 90-95rwkw

• 95-100rwkw

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • 95-100rwkw

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 100-105rwkw

• 105-110rwkw

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • 110-115rwkw

Votes: 8 11.3%
  • 115-120rwkw

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 120-125rwkw

Votes: 4 5.6%

• Total voters

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
What're you making 340 in?

The SS :)

Airstrike, well done, but still, sirwankalotvs will try and argue that the dyno was just a once off and they wouldnt normally do it, i always see dynos run with psi between 40-50 psi, always.

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
yeah thats right, they run high pressure in whatever tyres are getting power transmitted through them.

i have seen one car last year on the same dyno that was making huge power and was spinning the wheels on the dyno so they let the pressure down and that stopped the wheels spinning, thats a FACT.

you may have seen a dyno being run with people sittign in the boot if its a powerful car, of put sandbags in the boot, something to weigh it down, thats so it squishes the tyres onto the rollers and gives more surface area because the car is makign too much torque and its loosing traction.

just an idea, look on youtube for dyno runs and see if you can find one that does the whole process and watch them put the pressure up.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
grow up airstrike and minux. if you cant realise what i was trying to say then thats your own loss. im over it, there's no point trying to reason with you, you think whatever the hell you want about me.
i would take back what i said if i could, not because im wrong, but because it turned this dudes thread to sh*t, and im not about to sit here and carry on like a 2yr old on a computer bickering over something which we are both correct about.
even steward has just said he's seen a car have tyre pressure let down for traction...which was all i was saying all along, for traction on the rollers, you lower the pressure in the tyre, simple.
im probably biased as i never see average cars on dynoes, only cars making lots of power, so to me putting more pressure in is something rarely done...but i never said it doesnt happen. all i was trying to put out there was that if you need to have traction, extra pressure isnt going to help, less pressure will help....end of story, keep calling me names or whatever makes you happy, its really original stuff.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
yeah some people put the air temp sensor near the exhaust trickgin it in thinkign the air intake is really hot and gives you a boosted result.

i'm only on my L's so im not gonna take it to the track yet.
a rough guess would be a mid 14 second pass.

any idead on the calculations from kmph to RPM?

Stewart if your car is a 5 speed you might be able to run a 15.9 on a good day but I don't really think 100rwkw is enough for reliable 15's with a small 6 that doesn't make much torque, There's heaps of guys with VN's that struggle to make it into the 15's and that's a car that has _*tons*_ more torque not much more weight and equal top end power

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Stewart if your car is a 5 speed you might be able to run a 15.9 on a good day but I don't really think 100rwkw is enough for reliable 15's with a small 6 that doesn't make much torque, There's heaps of guys with VN's that struggle to make it into the 15's and that's a car that has _*tons*_ more torque not much more weight and equal top end power

Yep, a Vn 5 litre with around 146 rwkw will do the 1/4 in about 14.3. That has more torque and better top end than the VL and isnt that much heavier. I would be highly suprised if the VL ran a mid 14.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
grow up airstrike and minux. if you cant realise what i was trying to say then thats your own loss. im over it, there's no point trying to reason with you, you think whatever the hell you want about me.
i would take back what i said if i could, not because im wrong, but because it turned this dudes thread to sh*t, and im not about to sit here and carry on like a 2yr old on a computer bickering over something which we are both correct about.
even steward has just said he's seen a car have tyre pressure let down for traction...which was all i was saying all along, for traction on the rollers, you lower the pressure in the tyre, simple.
im probably biased as i never see average cars on dynoes, only cars making lots of power, so to me putting more pressure in is something rarely done...but i never said it doesnt happen. all i was trying to put out there was that if you need to have traction, extra pressure isnt going to help, less pressure will help....end of story, keep calling me names or whatever makes you happy, its really original stuff.
Did you not see the dyno sheet I posted? How much more power do you want?
AirStrike :air:

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
i have seen one car last year on the same dyno that was making huge power and was spinning the wheels on the dyno so they let the pressure down and that stopped the wheels spinning, thats a FACT.

Actually, putting weight in the boot isnt done to increase teh tyres surface area, its done to increase the downward force on the wheels, and this increases traction. Width of wheels doesnt really play that much of a role in it

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
Airstrike, is that dyno readout of Eddy Tassones ute??