Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think is wrong with the world?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Ahhh, but there are those that do there jobs and then there are the zealous nuts, many a young copper fall into the latter category.

Funny thing is, when I was at school I went to a seminar by the police about recruiting for the police. One thing that always stuck in my mind was the comment by the officer that they weren't interested in kids straight out of school applying for the police force, no they want people to apply with life skills/experience. These days they seem to take just about anybody as long as you don't have a criminal record......

Another thing bothering me today is courier drivers. I ordered a part yesterday, part was promptly dispatched however my friendly neighbourhood courier driver decided to deliver the parcel at some ungodly hour in the morning and instead of knocking and waiting for someone to answer simply leave a "card to call" by the door instead. Said courier company now won't redeliver said parcel until I sign a waiver saying they can leave the parcel if no-one is here to receive it and the driver can claim another deliver fee. It's been a problem here in NZ with drivers doing this stunt on purpose to claim the extra delivery fee. The other question is why try and deliver a parcel at a residential property before 7 in the morning when even most business aren't open yet to receive parcels. This is nothing but a scam by the drivers. So far I have complained to said company and mentioned it to the supplier whom I have suggested use a different delivery service in future. I certainly won't be using said company ever again as this isn't the first time I have experienced this issue.

Sad part is I know a courier driver, this dude works damn hard and doesn't scam the system. As always it's a few bad apples ruining it for the rest.

edit: Thinking about this a bit more, I think it's the issue of wanting to get something for nothing or "clipping the ticket" which is a problem rife in this world. I think it's safe to say the old adage "an honest days work for an honest days pay" doesn't really apply anymore.

Last edited:

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
You live in a city?
Most farmers or rural people use guns as a way to control Vermon, rabbits, foxes etc or in bad cases eg when a fox rips the tongue out of a new born lamb they use a gun to put the animal down very quickly no pain.
I grew up in a country town not on the farm my father had guns he was (as in an earlier post) ex military but both him and I where part of the small bore rifle range in owe local area.
Good winning the medals.
But now I don't own a gun of any type and haven't for years, I don't need one to defend myself.
I do understand no guns no shootings I just hate all the political correctness there needs to be strict control but to remove something altogether? OK hears a example in a different way not every Muslim is a terrorist but every terrorist is a Muslim. This is a saying I have heard alot so should we get rid of all because of the few??
O and where I live at the minute there is a plague of kangaroos as in way to many destroying farmlands and causing a large amount of car accidents so the local government have handed out culling permits to farmers to try and lower the numbers.

Thank you for seeing my point thow, everything is not always black and white and I always try to show a different point rather than the politically correct one

Yep I live in the city, one side of my relatives are farmers so I understand what your saying but like I said the "Average Joe" doesn't need a gun, they have a purpose for some people but not the majority of us. If people can't get a hold of a gun so they resort to other weapons like a knife or axe than I'd rather that as I stand half a chance seeing as they can't kill me from a distance like a gun where I stand no chance.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
Prisoner Robert Rigney tried to return to custody twice after bail release, Adelaide court told - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Another case of where common sense doesn't exist. Prisoner released from jail for family funeral returned an hour before deadline but staff at prison were having trouble with paperwork so he leaves. He then presents himself to police station and explains situation and that the prison were having trouble re-admitting him, police station doesn't know what to do and make some calls. Prisoner gets fed up and walks out, removes ankle bracelet and disappears. Firstly why wasn't he put into a holding cell when he returned to prison? Secondly how did he leave Yatala? you can't just walk out you need to be let out. Thirdly why did the police station not hold him whilst working out what to do? he had an ankle bracelet on so there's a hint he may not be joking and then did the officer attending him not notice him leaving? Plenty examples there of lack of common sense!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
^^. Sounds like a comedy of errors , sadly not uncommon either

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
[video]https://www.facebook.com/919753381424306/videos/1055512041181772/[/video]

If i employed this farktard id make him go get a broom and dustpan set and use that...

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Prisoner Robert Rigney tried to return to custody twice after bail release, Adelaide court told - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Another case of where common sense doesn't exist. Prisoner released from jail for family funeral returned an hour before deadline but staff at prison were having trouble with paperwork so he leaves. He then presents himself to police station and explains situation and that the prison were having trouble re-admitting him, police station doesn't know what to do and make some calls. Prisoner gets fed up and walks out, removes ankle bracelet and disappears. Firstly why wasn't he put into a holding cell when he returned to prison? Secondly how did he leave Yatala? you can't just walk out you need to be let out. Thirdly why did the police station not hold him whilst working out what to do? he had an ankle bracelet on so there's a hint he may not be joking and then did the officer attending him not notice him leaving? Plenty examples there of lack of common sense!

This is typical (of modern society) really, if something occurs that doesn't have a set procedure then it becomes to difficult to do. When did people loose the ability to think and sort out a out a problem?

I see **** like this fairly regularly and it's only going to get worse because business only wants to employ the cheapest person they can find, that is fine if all you want is some idiot to flip a burger on a grill but what happens when the heat goes off cause the idiot flipping the burgers surely won't know what to do because he has only ever been trained to flip burgers and actually having to think is way above what he is been paid for!

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whats wrong with this world?

This

Chorus plea: We need more staff to fix these faults - Business - NZ Herald News

What nobody bothers to tell you (piss poor work by the media again) is that said company has been driving down wages in the industry by bringing in cheap labour from overseas. It's getting so bad now that even those workers don't want those jobs anymore and are leaving. Been a few stories of late of sub par fibre installs, all because of market deregulation and a government that is propping up a failing business because said business has the contract to roll out the nations fibre network.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
See your point but slightly different situation, most of us need cars to get from A-B guns on the other hand are created for one reason only and that's to kill, they serve no purpose whatsoever to the everyday person. Why does the average Joe in the world need a gun? He doesn't unless it's to protect himself from another average Joe with a gun, point here is we need cars but we don't need guns (well the majority of us)
Firearm serves one use, to fire a projectile. No little, no more. It's up the individual what it is used for.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Where did these guns originate from? Even if it's true that hardly any came from legal sources then that means some have and that's not acceptable. I stopped believing crap being fed to us from parliament, my wife works for the government and see's how information fed to public is done in a way to favour one side and is usually not entirely correct.
When something like only 1 in every 100 containers coming into Australia is checked it's not hard to work it out. A simple google search will show how simple it is to manufacturer a firearm.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Yep I live in the city, one side of my relatives are farmers so I understand what your saying but like I said the "Average Joe" doesn't need a gun, they have a purpose for some people but not the majority of us. If people can't get a hold of a gun so they resort to other weapons like a knife or axe than I'd rather that as I stand half a chance seeing as they can't kill me from a distance like a gun where I stand no chance.
How do you like your chances against a truck? Criminals will always find a way.

So you don't think Australia should field an Olympic shooting team?