Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think of these performance engine mounts?

DavoVP

Reaction score
Ahh, Perhaps you have bent your exhaust up into the body, That would cause a terrible vibration at low revs. Jump under the car and have a look.

Ive done **** like that before trying to drop of gutters in a lowered car, I usually beat up the floor pan / exhaust. No biggie, Take it very slow with the biggest angle you can achieve.

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Ahh, Perhaps you have bent your exhaust up into the body, That would cause a terrible vibration at low revs. Jump under the car and have a look.

Ive done **** like that before trying to drop of gutters in a lowered car, I usually beat up the floor pan / exhaust. No biggie, Take it very slow with the biggest angle you can achieve.

Yeah mate, **** happen, and I was think about this too, Could bent exhaust up the body, if I find it is actually touch on body, how can I making it go down and is these any exhaust mounts? Mine have sport exhaust I think.

Seemly like exhaust, it supposed to low exhaust itself when driving for few week yeah?

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
You can get hydraulic mounts and non-hydraulic. Most mechanics fit the hydraulic mounts and they are a factory replacement. Others will fit the non-hydraulic aka solid mount and this can cause vibration. Usually this comes down to the customer wanting cheaper mounts. The part numbers are similar but the quality of the ride is not. A2546H is the hydraulic (like the factory units) and the A2546 is the solid. These are mackay brand part numbers, not sure if other brands have the same options.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Use those mounts and prepare to lose your teeth.

In answer to your question... what do they do. They prevent the motor from moving in the engine bay under sudden/hard acceleration. Meaning, you put your foot down and it transfers more of your power, quicker. Not extra power, just allows a "faster" transfer of your power... also good for dentist bill increases.

DavoVP

Reaction score
Use those mounts and prepare to lose your teeth.

In answer to your question... what do they do. They prevent the motor from moving in the engine bay under sudden/hard acceleration. Meaning, you put your foot down and it transfers more of your power, quicker. Not extra power, just allows a "faster" transfer of your power... also good for dentist bill increases.

They are not all that bad, They are built for a purpose after all. Yes if you run two it gets a bit much in the cabin. But if you run one solid on the passengers side and one slush mount on the driver's its pretty good.

I drove around for 18 months like that until I sold the car.

Oh and I never broke a mount again !

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Hey, I increasing the rev engine in traffic stop light a little and viberation seem to go away?!

If I leave normal idle, would feel viberation but if I rev up a little it would smooth? So engine mounts not fault? any idea

Last edited: