Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do you think of these performance engine mounts?

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
I have to replace my engine mounts soon.

I got two choose is Factory mounts or performance engine mounts, - People told me it is better than Factory mounts?

Here link to website:
TTT Performance Engineering Leaders in engine performance upgrades

If it is better than factory mounts and I will get it and I want to smooth and no vibration feel at idle.

Cheers,
James.

DavoVP

Reaction score
What your looking at is a solid bush type mount. If your after smooth vibration free feel then these mounts are not for you. But if you can handle a bit of vibration from the poorly balanced V6 under your bonnet then these mounts will out last the car !

I was going through the standard mounts every 6 months until I came across these, Threw a pair in and the novelty of having a blue vibrating dildo wore off within a week.

If you run one solid on the passengers side and one standard mount on the driver's side its pretty close to normal. I am led to believe thats what a lot of people do.

The great thing was I no longer broke engine mounts !

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
Hmm, I want smooth vibration free feel, I got new engine mounts few month ago, on 3 days it run so smooth like dream and until I hit on gutter/kerb then hit on engine bay and it start vibration after this happen, then I deicde to give water on engine mounts and I noticed it making engine run smooth but when engine mounts is dry, then vibration is return. So seem like engine mounts is suffed.

I think I have to get factory mounts again, but not too sure, I'm not want engine mounts worn out very quick again.

What solid bush mounts really do?

DavoVP

Reaction score
Mate just wetting your engine mounts wont make it run smooth even if they are completely stuffed.

Have a good look for bent and broken items. If the hit was hard enough to brake the mounts I am willing to bet other things will be broke..... Like your sump and K frame.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Those mounts will shake the crap out of your car. replace the engine mounts with brand new stock ones.

DavoVP

Reaction score
It sounds like your normal crappy V6 idle, And yes look for visible damage, If you hit something hard enough to damage the engine mounts you are sure to of broken something else.

What did you hit ? How fast / how hard ?

James909

James
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman
As far I remember it was at night time and I run on grass ground and then run over kerb on road, At Low speed, (D selected) I let D low speed moving then I use brake same time but it hit loud on engine bay then I brake very quick then viberation is start then I release brake and it move on the road from grass.

Here of example picture:

Pretend, my car is on grass and drive toward the road straight then when run over kerb and something hit loud on under engine bay.
AMPL-WGE-09.JPG