Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what do you think of this head unit

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
gday guys,
Well im wanting to upgrade my sound system in my vx while keeping a stock appearence so I want to go for a double din headunit. I'v found this on ebay PIONEER FH-P6050UB DOUBLE DIN MP3 CD USB IPOD RECEIVER - eBay Players, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 01-Jun-09 19:41:11 AEST)
Now some questions for the audio enthusiests.
Is this a good price for it?
im planning on running x4 speakers from an amp and a sub would this headunit be ok for that?
thanks

crawjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I have the single DIN version of this head unit, Highly reccomended for its price, its got everyhing, and very versatile in terms of tuning/frequencies etc. ipod/usb function can be a tad slow sometimes in terms of searching through folders, low level hiss when turned up really loud but good amps should solve that issue.

I would also reccomend any of the new alpine head units, great sound processors and really good Ipod functionality, the alpine amps go really hard aswell, the V powers are fantastic but the model above (more expensive) are even better, also reccomend rockford subs, tight, loud, even sound, bang for buck (but they are a fair bit of buck lol) pm me for any car audio q's!

Crawjp

Audio Engineer

crawjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
PS ill have my setup posted within a week or two and you can check it out

Pioneer 6050UB
pioneer 6x9s and 6 1/2" splits
alpine Vpower amps (x2)
Rockford Fosgate p3 (12") 500 RMS baby!
Custom made pods all round (inc. Sub enclosure)
1.0 FARAD capacitor

cheers

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
thanks I with to keep my steering wheel controls. What double din headunits out there that do it?

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
who here knows of any good double din headunits that come with connections for steering wheel controls? got a limit of about $400 but must be double din and have connectors for steering wheels controls