Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What do youse think?

hothousevn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2 3.8L
Hey all

Im new on this site and very happy i found it

Well i got my vn about a month ago after waiting ages for it to get resprayed

Its completely stock apart from the hot house green paintwork, cheaply lowered and a pod

Im getting a vn/vp group a grille and thinking of getting vp calais taillights as well as a vn ss rear wing and possibly some side skirts. I want 18'' wheels, vn calais interior and as for engine mods CAI, pacemakers with 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 exhaust, stereo amp etc

Oh and i know the grey grille is **** i purposely did not paint it :)

What do youse all think for any possible future mods or whatever every opinion is welcome

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

89vncommy

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VN Caladore
Hey there.. Looks nice.. I wish my paint was that good :) .. Not a big fan of green tho... Will look wicked with a kit and rims.. When I went from stockies to rims on mine I was amazed with the difference... Can't really offer to many performance suggestions as I am new to modding a VN also ...

Phoenix21

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VR Stato, 2003 VY SS, 2017 VF SV6
hey mate that vn dosn't look half bad i'd probly take the mud gard off and get some rimz or hub caps 4 the wheels the paint job and the grey grill fit in alright together cheers matt

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
mudflap off forsure. With some wheels it will look sweet. Its amazing what a nice set of wheels can do.

hothousevn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S2 3.8L
Haha yeh i took the mud flap off about 5 minutes after i took that foto

RobMooar

Reaction score
Members Ride
_
I was looking at doing my VN in Hothouse Green, the colour really suits the car.. I'm looking at putting a group A kit on mine tho, with a custom grill (asuming I can find the manufacturor). Nice job all round, and I agree with Phoenix21, the gray grill works well

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I rekon if you slap a calais grille in there, it wouldn't look half bad. I don't mind a shiny silver. If you got chrome rims, the calais grille would go -really- nicely. Helps break up the green, too. I -really- like the colour, though. And the black window gutters. Spankin' good. I wish I could afford a respray ^^

The cops are gonna love you when you're finished with that ride ^^

Future mods? Here's some of my favorites, in roughly incorrect order from cheapest to most expensive:

- Grind back the throttle-stopper to 100% (DIY)
- Remove the bellmouth if the car has one (DIY)
- Buy a level 2 dash from the wreckers, so you have a tacho (DIY)
- High-flow air filter, and maybe a cai (nobody can decide whether the cai actually helps, or if a pod would perform better than a panel filter. Personally, I just cut a hole in the stock airbox trunk to let more air in.) (DIY)
- Cat-back exhaust (so many debates on what type to get, and how much to spend.)
- Extractors
- Rockers and cams
- Port/Polish
- Shift kit
- New chip and a good tune-up
- Good higher-ratio LSD
- Trash the lot and drop in a V8
- Supercharge the V8
- Sell it and buy a Porsche