Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does every one think of replica vl walkinshaw's ???

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Hey guys , really would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the vl walkingshaw replica ..

I've chosen this site rather then a couple of other dedicated sites as it seems to be more versatile , so your honest and sensible replies would be great !

I've seen some horrid vl walkinshaw which were cheap replicas and some amazing replicas with much work added into it ..

Do you all think changing the colour automatically cheapens it ?

Do you think replicating a walkinshaw is a no no full stop ?

Or is it still respected , because if you try and mock up a vr vs vt vx vy or or ve to a better model n its not that actual model , it always seems " just not quite rite " and see how I used the word mock up instead of replica :p

I've seen them for sale for about $12gs -$30gs for a replica

And about $58gs - $85gs for a real walky !

This is not a " I hate them and they are ugly thread "!

Just simply do you think replicating this model is a good idea, worth it and so forth :)

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Only worth it if you can get your hands on a twin throttle manifold imo.

VL's also look good with walky front & rear bar and aero skirts and unless its an original do away with the kiddy's pool on the boot lid

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Real or fake, if done up right looks killer and will turn heads every time. :)

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
I think doing a replica of any model is a no no. Why anyone would pay big $$$ for something it isn't is beyond me. I'm not a huge fan of the VL walky but I can respect what they are same as any car. I just don't think making a mock up one is right. That's my opinion anyway.

Obviously you are looking at doing one yourself and you should go for it if that's what you want. Cars are a personal thing and not everyone will always like what you do but that's beside the point. I do agree that it is best if you stick to the design, colour etc if you want to do it some sort of justice.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The second part of that I agree with; if you like it, do it. I don't feel particularly strongly about people making replicas though. Only 750 people could ever have enjoyed owning a genuine car and - just guessing here - there'd have to be a few more than 750 people who want one. Replicas mean more people can drive (or just own) what they want.

Certainly if the vision for the car includes modification, including colour change, away from the way the cars left the factory, I'd rather see a replica made than a genuine car altered.

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
Thanks guys ... i really appreciate the replies .. yes we are certainly thinkng of just this ... i love the originality of the walky and yes i cant afford to own one at the very moment but building one would be an amazing journey i belive if done right and no bull short cuts ... i also would most def get the twin throttle as i have seen 2 going around for sale ...

there is also an after market twin throttle which looks amazing also ... but that would only be plan b ...

We currently have the 87 vl calais which i try and keep as o.g as possible and clean for a daily .. i do alright i guess :p

2znqwdx.jpg

hrm1r7.jpg

34za9t4.jpg

But all in all we .. ok ok " I " would love to own a walkinshaw of some sort ... they just excite me as silly as it may be ..

Colour would most likely be the same as original as when this project begins one day i want to show complete respect

The only slight mods i would want to do is maybe add a turbo to the twin throttle ... yes i know expensive... my mind may change ...lol

Calais666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL CALAIS / VP CALAIS
oh and on the walkinshaw we would change the interior also :D

M

magnumv8

I love anything holden from the 70's, 80's and early 90's-things went a bit too plasticin the early 90's for my love-still like em though.

Real or replica-it will still get admired by those who like them. Nothing beats the real thing though-love my WB HDT original........

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
Do what you want to do, "h8rs gunna h8". I almost did one myself as had an exact replica kit for $600 and a VL V8 that needed paint for a $1000, but the body needed more than initially thought (gouge in floor pan and crack in b pillar).

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
do it.

i think the only colour a walky kitted vl should be is panorama silver.ive had two and loved them