Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What does everyone think about these

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I have a box setup atm.. its a 4L60E Rebult stronger, 3000 stall, full manual, corvet servo's etc.. bam there goes 4g done buy a profesinal.. dont bother with a factory 4L60E its gong to blow if you dont give it a hand....

But your going to wack a cam in and leave rest of the motor standard?.. hmm seems errr stupid to me?

$4000 on modding an auto gearbox, when you don't even know if your putting a modified V6 or an LS1 into it, is a bit of a errr stupid move in my opinion!
How much power are you expecting to get from your possibly modified V6 or LS1?

P.s. A V6 Ecotec with every possible mod done will #### up a LS1 crate motor easily, depending on how far you go with it!!

scott-95

Reaction score
Members Ride
Daily VE SV6 & L67 Manual Pig.
$4000 on modding an auto gearbox, when you don't even know if your putting a modified V6 or an LS1 into it, is a bit of a errr stupid move in my opinion!
How much power are you expecting to get from your possibly modified V6 or LS1?

P.s. A V6 Ecotec with every possible mod done will #### up a LS1 crate motor easily, depending on how far you go with it!!

Totaly diffrent car bud ;)
and i didnt pay for the box, just have receets from prevous owner

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I had one of those electronic *ahem* shift kits, and let me say, it was crap. Car slammed into gear when moving around the driveway, and did sweet-fa when at high revs, completely the opposite of what you want.

Seriously when changing from reverse to drive,out of my driveway, the whole car would jerk forward, the shift was that hard.

I understand that you would really only use it when your going to have some fun, but like I said at higher revs the auto shifts almost the same as before. But I think this is due to the ECU scaling back.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
The reason it feels no different at high rpm and slams into gear is because all that thing does is trick the ecu to shift at max pressure. At high rpm it shifts at max pressure anyway.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
thanks acarmody wont be getting it lol next mods to come are tune, rockers or cam (being a p plate dont think u can drive it with a lumpy cam cause it an engine mod correct???) and throttle body.

So far ive got Pacemakers, twin Xforce 2.5 inch exhaust, 2 twin aftermarket high flow cats, 25mm manifold insulator, 12 mm spacer and CAI. Haven't put the last 3 items on yet as i wanna get a dyno b4 and after for MACE and for all use, so you have a fair indication of how much your getting out of it.

By the way my birthday today and im still drunk haha

MACE

Reaction score
After giving it some more thought I concede, and say to look elsewhere :embarrass

Admittedly the last time I've played around with these kits was about 6-7 years ago, with options a lot more limited today and more cost prohibitive

acarmody, just reminded me how hard the shifts can be down low, and may not suit everyones tastes, unless you're after that unrefined boy racer feel, then go for it.

Long store short money can be better spent elsewhere

MACE

Reaction score
thanks acarmody wont be getting it lol next mods to come are tune, rockers or cam (being a p plate dont think u can drive it with a lumpy cam cause it an engine mod correct???) and throttle body.

So far ive got Pacemakers, twin Xforce 2.5 inch exhaust, 2 twin aftermarket high flow cats, 25mm manifold insulator, 12 mm spacer and CAI. Haven't put the last 3 items on yet as i wanna get a dyno b4 and after for MACE and for all use, so you have a fair indication of how much your getting out of it.

By the way my birthday today and im still drunk haha

Happy Bday :D

Make sure you drink heaps of water when you wake up in the arvo :p

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
well i drank **** loads last night and going again tonight haha