Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What else do I need?

Siliconslick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS M6
just looking at the contents of the wiring kit, do i need to buy that in a kit or can i buy the components separately (im a broke uni student and really cant afford the 135 bux for the wiring kit). i was thinking of going to radio parts, but since they closed the shop near where i live i dont know where to go.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Aerpro make a good basic kit to suit your needs. Should retail for around the $60 mark i would think.

APU82 : 8 Gauge 2 Channel. Utility Amplifier Wiring Kit 400W :: Amp Wiring Kits

You could go to a Jaycar store and buy say 6m of 8awg power cable, a fuse holder, all the terminals you'll need, a pair of 5m RCA cables, 10m of speaker cable etc etc. It would probably end up costing the same as the kit above.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
$135 is terribly expensive for a 8gauge wiring kit. About $70-$80 from JB or someone. You don't need Stinger gear or anything, Cadence, Sony, and Aerpro kits are all good quality. Also you can talk the stores down.

Even this: Ryda Car Audio - Aerpro AP955A 400 Watt Amp Wiring Kit 8GA

Just make sure you get a kit with the right number of RCAs. If your H/U has 1 preout than you need 1 RCA, 2 Preouts 2 RCAs. The above kit only has 1 RCA.

Yes you can buy the components seperately but it usually costs more.

Siliconslick

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS M6
thanks for the link to the contents of a wiring kit, i can now get my dad (an architect with an electrical engineering degree) to rustle me up the components from his garage bag-o-tricks.

one more question, can anyone suggest a good way to mount the amplifier preferably with pictures (its this one Kenwood KAC-M645 POWER AMP)