Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what exhaust set up to have

mattyking

Reaction score
hi everyone fairly new to the holden scene and all the terms you guys use over here. also not too clued up on all the brand of exhaust out their. being english and not long been here im after some advice. i have done plenty of research and talking to people im still not sure on what to use. any european car id have no trouble suiting up a decent full exhaust system too.

i have a vy ss sedan standard at mo not looking at doing to much to it, just a cold air feed soon and a tune after. Firstly though im after a decent exhaust system. what can you guys recommend. also the terms and words you use for things are different too from what i know. for example ive seen people talk about hot dogs what do you mean by this?? basically im after something that will make a fair bit of noise but not to over top when just idling. obvouisly under load noise is good. something that will pop away would be great too. what can you guys reccommend . whats your tried and tested systems??

Also seen this full kit its perth based to same as me which is good. are these kits any good. to be honest i dont really want to go stainless steel but in terms of system are these any good or is it better sticking to the bigger brands??....

VT/VX/VY/VZ LS1/LS2/L98 Exhaust/Headers/High Flow Cats! - eBay Extractors, Exhausts, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 23-Jun-09 19:14:44 AEST)

cheers chaps

SimoVXSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I have a full DiFillipo exhaust system on my VX SS. Not cheap but excellent quality and more than happy with the sound that it produces.

Changa

Alex Short
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
A hotdog muffler is just a very small straight through muffler designed for use where space is limited and when there is low clearance. Hence racing spension that is low as all hell you use a hotdog as it takes up bugger all room. But alot of people use them to attain a better sound, usually quieter than without it on cat back systems. So people buy a cat back system with one muffler, and the tailpipe with nothing on it you add a hot dog to it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I think I may have already spoken to you regarding an exhaust. If so, you have the details....cheers.

E-T-H-A-N

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack manual
i have pacemaker extractors and a redback 2.5 inch mild steel exhaust. its great altough my resi ( small muffler at the back) is not there, its been taken off an replaced with a straight through pipe sounds great and mild steel will genraly last about 3 or 4 years

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
id go with pacemaker extractors and 2.5-3 inch twin sytem it'll sound sick then