Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What exhaust should i Get VP?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Yep, you're probably right there levymetal. Stock system ftw. :)

I've got a 2.5" single muffler cat back with pacemaker headers. don't like it really... hoping a 2.5" or 3" with no muffler and a turbine in the airstream will solve the problem

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
So a rear pipe section, straight no muffler no res, and keeping the stock centre and muffler..BAD??

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
With the stock centre muffler it will. With the right centre muffler it can sound good, but as already said you will get some drone. Again though, the amount depends on the muffler choice. With the right muffler/resinator combination you can eradicate drone and have a decent sounding exhaust on the Buick V6 that barks quite nicely with revs. I've never really enjoyed the sound of a Buick over about 4,000rpm though, but up to there they sound quite good for a V6.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I can't hear drone anymore, The reason I beleive this is because when my brother bought his VS 5litre it used to be extremely anoying to me at 100 so much so that we had to drive everywhere at 110 or 90. Anyway I borrowed the car for a few months and drove it alot and I never noticed the drone and infact still haven't ever since and nothing on the car has changed (well I played with the tune) but it wouldn't have changed the exhaust note much. So I think I'm just used to it and maybe just maybe my own car drones like a bitch and I don't know it, maybe I even like it. Anyway that's just an observation about how it doesn't matter :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
a tune does effect the drone quite a bit and the bark at full revs

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah I've noticed a much crispier sounds wide open but I don't think it would change mch cruising, hard to say but I think I just lost my ability to hear it once I was used to it

05LVQ

Why so serious?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
I had a set of Pacemaker extractors with a single 2.5" redback exhaust with single straight through muffler and a rear resonator on the VP. It sounded crisp, it didnt have much of a rumble to it, and it didn't drone either :)

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Actually Jason, regarding drone, I have noticed my VN is a HELL of a lot less droney with your memcal in it. I remember driving over from canberra in 06 with stock tune and rear exhaust section unbolted, was terrible. I have no rear section at the moment and it's perfectly fine :)

Weird, huh.