Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What exhaust should i Get VP?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah cause all the fuel is burning in the engine so it doesnt slam into the still burning charge from the other bank when it merges to much timing and not enough fuel and they go real quite hehe

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
So i went to the Wreckers today looking for Cat back Systems, the only decent one he had, was 2.5 inch, cat back, only a centre muffler, and the rest is 2.5 straight pipe, no rear muffler or resinator either...would this sound like ****? What do you guys reckon. They were asking $40 for it....

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
Dont tryin make your v6 sound like a v8, it will never have the rumble of the v8 becaues its not a v8 just go with a set of pacemakers and single 2.5 pipe.iam sick of old stock vn,vp,vr,vs with 3inch exhust they sound so ****.that bitchin do for today.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
im not trying to make my V6 sound like a V8, and this isnt even my post, i'm just posting similar exhaust questions rather than starting new threads all the time, because there's already enough exhaust related threads out there already. Yes i know, fit a set of pacemakers, but i dont have the budget for this right now, i'm simply looking at 2nd hand cat back exhaust systems at wreckers, and then trying to get an opinion on them here....

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
im not trying to make my V6 sound like a V8, and this isnt even my post, i'm just posting similar exhaust questions rather than starting new threads all the time, because there's already enough exhaust related threads out there already. Yes i know, fit a set of pacemakers, but i dont have the budget for this right now, i'm simply looking at 2nd hand cat back exhaust systems at wreckers, and then trying to get an opinion on them here....

2nd hand pacemakers and Y pipe. I picked mine up for $150.

get that 2nd hand cat back you mentioned 2 posts up, it'll do the trick. If you don't like it get a resonator welded in.

Use the stock catalytic convertor, it's more than adequate for the job.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Extractors are a must to get a good note from a V6, i had just a 2.5 mandrel bent catback single middle muffler sounded ok, then put pacemakers on and sounded tuff as, now its charged and tuned and sounds even better alot better over 4g its got a bark i think.

scouser king

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE SS
holdencommonwhoevp sorry mate didnt mean to piss you of.you should check ebay and get a exhust from the cat back just look under vp/carparts/exhust/ theres loads of new and second hand kit there.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Thats cool mate you didnt piss me off. I dont really want to buy off Ebay, i dont want to have to have anything sent to me, and i cant see the exhaust before i buy it. $40 from the wreckers i'm more than happy to pay, but i just want to know what im buying will be ok. I thought the one i looked at that i posted about, might be a bit loud, being that it has no resiantor or rear muffler....But it needed to be re-welded at the centre muffler anyway, so i didnt buy it. I dont want something that i have to get work done to. Also when i shook it around, i could hear lots of nioses from within the centre muffler...???

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Man, it would have been fine :) just cut and weld in another centre muffler.

Here's my setup, sounds OK minimal drone etc

Pacemaker headers
Stock cat
2.5" cat back exactly as you described that one at the wreckers to be.