Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What exhaust to get in my car??

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
i want my car quiet ,now if i delete the rear resi, do i lose a lot of power or not really?? cause i remember last time i got 2.5 inch straight pipe from the cat and back and it was an annoying sound lol

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
if you dont want it loud, then why do you want an exhaust? just get the 2.5" catback with the center and rear muffler then. should be fine for what your looking for. As for power, you will get a little bit of power gain (mine did) and your fuel consumption should better as it has less back pressure. how that helps

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
i want an exhaust cause i heard my car can breath better ,plus i just got pacemaker extractors so i thought i should get a exhaust system as well to flow better.. But i dont want a annoying sound cause last time i put a straight pipe from cat and back and it sounded like **** lol.. With the sports redback exhaust would you lose much power if u have rear and center muffler

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
i have a 2.5 catback and extractors on an ecotec and it doesnt drone at cruising speeds ( 60 or 100 on the highway , 1500 and 2000 rpm respectively ) , its actually not that loud unless the engine is reving out.

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
i heard putting 2.5 ull loose power, but if u put 2 1/4 ull gain power on a stock 6?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Buy both and see which gets more power better yet dyno it with each exhaust to see which has the better gain.

Mate get the redback sports system they should make it in different diameters no matter what you get there will be a gain (very small mind you) you will not loose power.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
i heard putting 2.5 ull loose power, but if u put 2 1/4 ull gain power on a stock 6?

I think it already comes 2.25 from factory. 2.5 will give you bit more power up in the higher revs and the 2.25 will give you power on the lower revs.

BD33VU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute SeriesIII
Redback system my ring! Guys buy em cause they're cheap, end of story. Flow is born out of quality material and workmanship. Get under the car, take measurements of maximum can size centre & rear, dig through (muffler manufactuer of choice)'s catalogue (can't beat Magnaflow), order cans accordingly, drive into local exhaust shop and say "Put these in this, thanks." 2.5", mandrel bends all the way. Job done.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Redback system my ring! Guys buy em cause they're cheap, end of story. Flow is born out of quality material and workmanship. Get under the car, take measurements of maximum can size centre & rear, dig through (muffler manufactuer of choice)'s catalogue (can't beat Magnaflow), order cans accordingly, drive into local exhaust shop and say "Put these in this, thanks." 2.5", mandrel bends all the way. Job done.

And then your car will beat any V8 and sound twice as good.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
And then your car will beat any V8 and sound twice as good.

Funny cos I dragged a guy in a V8 VS on the way home and beat him 0_o was surprised as hell. By the looks of it his car was just lowered with 20inch rims and a paint job. no idea what was under the hood but my car took off faster and hit 80 before he did. His front was at my cars rear. No idea how 0_0

Ow, also mine sounded louder...