Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What exhaust to get in my car??

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Its funny how some people on here have a hangup about the V6 engine (usually V8 owners)and bag every V6 owner.Id say to get that hung up about it they must have had their ass kicked by a V6.This argument has been around since torana /falcon/valiant days at bathurst.(when they raced real touring cars there)The 351 falcon was the outright top speed winner(242 km/h down conrod) and the valiant 6 cylinder was the fastest car over the quarter,it was into the 13 second bracket.The toranas and falcons were doing 14's.You can go on about engine mods and changing diff ratios all day.This was how they were straight out of the box.(yes,each car could be ordered new with a lower ratio diff,but most werent).Ive owned and driven some excellent V8's and sixes too.A good six should always get off the line better,(depending on who is at the wheel),a V8 will catch it once its wound up a bit,unless theres something wrong with it.Theres not really a huge difference between the standard 5.0 litre and the standard V6.They are both pretty good engines.

Last edited:

simmons001

I like VS Caprices
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange/VS Caprice S1 5.0
Theres not really a huge difference between the standard 5.0 litre and the standard V6.They are both pretty good engines.

I would agree with that comment. As less than ludicrous speed, it's more what you prefer. I like the lazy lope and note of a V8 myself, but don't for a minute think there aren't plenty of V6's about that could easy keep up with/beat my old bus until it's 10/10ths time. And even then, it would be a close run thing either way. Drive what you like and be happy I say. :)

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
If you are so undecided and refuse to take the advice of people on the forum, why ask the question?

You've been given advice before, if you don't agree with it go and speak to someone at a reputable exhaust shop and make your own decision.