Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What exhaust to get in my car??

mr_kreative

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim 3.8L
Ok so what size is the stock exhaust?? and just to let you know, i got lsd 4 pin, 3:4:5 gears , CAI, Filter k & n, pacemaker extractors with single cat and Vy v6 engine in my Vr.. but still haven't exhaust.. So with all these mods you still recommend i get 2.25 with rear muffler and center??

Locksmiff

Reaction score
This question has been asked exactly like this by you 3 times now. It has also been asked in different ways by you. The advice has already been givern to you before, either go with it or do what you want.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Ok so what size is the stock exhaust?? and just to let you know, i got lsd 4 pin, 3:4:5 gears , CAI, Filter k & n, pacemaker extractors with single cat and Vy v6 engine in my Vr.. but still haven't exhaust.. So with all these mods you still recommend i get 2.25 with rear muffler and center??

Get a 2.5" catback system straight through with center muffler. That's exactly what i told the guy at the exhaust shop and this is what mine sounds like.

NOTE: Mine has K&N Filter and the catback system only, no extractors (they make it sound a bit better). Also the VR have a pit of a higher pitch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beno1982

Beno
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6 sedan
I have a 2.5 inch exhaust with high flow muffler from cat back, and 3 inch oval tip with standard headers easy to fit you can buy it all off ebay and fit it yourself too. This is cheap and gives it a nice note.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
I have a 2.5 inch exhaust with high flow muffler from cat back, and 3 inch oval tip with standard headers easy to fit you can buy it all off ebay and fit it yourself too. This is cheap and gives it a nice note.

Also comes with a free drone too.

SMURFTEC.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS S Commodore
as JSTCOZ said, get a 2.5inch system from the catback, get them to delete the rear resi (rear muffler unless you want it quiet) and your set.

ruffiano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
If you knock some holes in your cats it'll be fully sic! 100Kw for sure!