Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel are you using? VB - VK

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Okay i know this question has been asked enough, but what fuel are well all putting in our commodores atm? that includes lubes etc.

I've been putting half 95 ron and half e10 per tank, with nylon lead replacemnt in my tank which works out good. :)

Pings a bit with straight e10 "10% ethanol"

I've noticed the bp 98 unlimate octane is about... would this be better then 95?

traindriver

Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Sedan 3.3 Injected
I always use BP 98 octane and nothing else.

Seems to go alright, doesnt ping.

Useing Penzoil oil and its still reasonbly golden after 2000k in my VK motor.

nizmovk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK wagon
(said while chewin' grass and playin' the banjo...)I'm out the countryside, so we still only got 91 and 96. But any time we go to the big city we's put the 98 in and it gives the jalopy a gooood 'ol kick in the pants!

SL/ENUT

The SL/E Fanatic!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E 5L
ATM the old shitta uses Caltex Vortex PULP with Flashlube lead replacement. IT doesn't ping, which is a good thing!. I want to try out BP Ultimate, been told its great fuel.

Mr_Calais

go the K's
Reaction score
Members Ride
85 VK Calais and 03 VY storm ute 05 hilux
yeah ive been using 95 octane from shell or the same kind of stuff at caltex other wise ma car pings to much on da cheap stuff and i am also using lead substitute

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
Mainly gas, but normal unleaded. My car doesn't need higher octane fuel. If your car doesn't need it, don't bother burning your money!

Goon

Scientific Tuning
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY CUSTOM.
Well i put half a tank of 95 ron in today 20 dollars worth and it seems to last that extra step unlike the straight e10 in the tank, gave me half a tank which is cool :)

I always fill up before the red mark.

95 Ron Test + Nylon Lead Replacement** Goon's VC 202.

I drove around about 15 - 20k at 70km on a certain 100k road and it didnt move at all.

I then drove up a steap hill it dropped 1 inch on the meter.

Drove again on the same road i drove 70k on, this time doing 100k on the same track at a crusing pass it moved atleast 1 inch and abit.

I then tested 0 -100k over 100m at 25 eco "3/4 foot" , that moved 1 ich for sure or a bit more.

I'm keen to do the test with the 98 ron this week, then redo a tank with half e10

Thanks, just something to look at :thumbsup:

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
In PEAKN6 we use normal MOBIL premo' with flashlube lead replacement.

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I think it all depends on whether or not your car is a high compression engine or needs it for another reason. In my car for example running on lpg which is a high octane fuel, I could use any petrol on the market but I would probably burning a hole in my pocket if I opted for premium. On the other hand where my cousin has a high compression 351, he needs the highest petrol octane (apprently) like BP otherwise it pings. Still does ping though!

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
my 81 vh is running unleaded but i try to use permium unleaded as much as i can and i havent had any troubbles with it