Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel do you use?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I'm going to change to united E85 soon, see how that goes.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Hi guys, recently picked up my Redline and was wondering what fuel to use. Was wondering if anyone had noticed any significant differences between fuel brands etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the Redline ;)

My Redline was tuned on Shell V-Power however Bp Ultimate works just as good.
I've used United's E85. It runs fine, performance wise feels basically the same as the other two except it obviously burns faster... 50-100km less per tank, though it's $.30 cheaper.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Congrats on the Redline ;)

My Redline was tuned on Shell V-Power however Bp Ultimate works just as good.
I've used United's E85. It runs fine, performance wise feels basically the same as the other two except it obviously burns faster... 50-100km less per tank, though it's $.30 cheaper.

Bit different on a boosted setup, we're looking at around an extra 40-50rwkw with mine, wouldn't bother in a N/A setup.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Bit different on a boosted setup, we're looking at around an extra 40-50rwkw with mine, wouldn't bother in a N/A setup.

Haha no but as a vehicle that advertises it I tried it. Will stick with the 98Ron.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I've run both VPower and BP Ultimate in my V8's and found the VPower to be better.

Then I saw this vid, it kind of confirmed my thoughts. I know it's from the UK, etc etc.

Your mileage will vary depending on what state you are in.

Always buy from a high volume servo and don't top up on "tanker day".

Last edited by a moderator:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
My car is tuned to ethanol, and there is a measurable increase in both torque and power. The L77 does not use 30% more across all driving conditions BTW, tuned properly it only uses about 13% more on the highway.
That means with 98 I get about 620k to a tank at $125 a fill = 20¢ per k. e85 gets me 550k to a tank at $88 = 16¢ per k.
I've found e85 in a tuned L77 gives better performance, 40% better CO2 emissions (no probs with emissions control systems / test), saves me about $40 a week, but as the yanks say, YMMV - your mileage may vary.