Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel economy do you get on your V6?

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
We used to do it deliberately in company cars that had a trip computer to see how bad we could get the economy if we went on a bit of a drive!

I'm a bit more watchful of my fuel economy than I used to be, coming from my old 1.8 litre manual VW Golf to the VN!

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
It's the times that make us think before we stick the foot down now:(
I must admit to not carrying anymore on fuel since i was using 27l/100km to now 14.5l/100, You can see how I'm really not worried now:D
But soon i might start to worry if it goes any higher:D

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Yeah, if the price goes too much higher I may need a VN SS with a gas conversion:whistling

How did you get 27l/100km? Thats some harsh fuel consumption!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
VN V6 wagon getting 11/100 now that I've replaced all the sensors (was 15/100)
The VN V8 on a trip tp Pt Pirie got 11.2/100 and 15-16/100 around town

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I recon its not realy how many revs your doing. Its how much your putting the accelerator down.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I reckon its both, im thinking about getting cruise control now so it will save me being flat footed while accelerating.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Shortstuff said:
Yeah, if the price goes too much higher I may need a VN SS with a gas conversion:whistling

How did you get 27l/100km? Thats some harsh fuel consumption!
When i bought it the old owner had lost all good fuel economy, So it was a battle to find out what went wrong, In the end it was minor things were injectors, But the biggest thing was the factory new oxygen sensor still from 92:eek: After that was done it was great.
But must admit i never thought it was going to get better, Tuned it and everything fuel reg fuel filters, Mechanics told me sorry it's old now it happens. I just wouldn't buy that as it was perfect with the old owner till he lost the injectors and had some leaks.
So it's fixed but i took my time:D
coolvncommodore said:
I recon its not realy how many revs your doing. Its how much your putting the accelerator down.
I find it hard to sit @ 100kp/h you move your eyes away and your doing 105kp/h next min 95kp/h it's all over the place, Cruise is great me need:D

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
MaN|aC said:
I reckon its both, im thinking about getting cruise control now so it will save me being flat footed while accelerating.

You may be surprised by some cruise control systems. I drove a 2005 E-class Merc and set the cruise to 85mph while I was doing 55mph. It kicked down and accelerated off very hard. I put my foot flat to the floor while it was accelerating and was surprised when it didn't accelerate any harder, so I can only assume the cruise used full throttle to accelerate! I'm not sure what the Holden systems are like though.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Shortstuff said:
You may be surprised by some cruise control systems. I drove a 2005 E-class Merc and set the cruise to 85mph while I was doing 55mph. It kicked down and accelerated off very hard. I put my foot flat to the floor while it was accelerating and was surprised when it didn't accelerate any harder, so I can only assume the cruise used full throttle to accelerate! I'm not sure what the Holden systems are like though.
I have only drove one with cruise, VR Berlina if you set cruise lower then you want it will charge hard to it.
On a Ford BA Territory if you reset it to 110kp/h sitting on 60kp/h it will climb slow.

R

Reggie

i have a manual v6 and i get 300k's to a tank if i flog it everywhere. and 630 k's if i go on a long distance drive