Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What fuel to get a tune on.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
So i watched a video put out from HPF and was surprised to see the results these guys tested out 5 different types of fuel on a VE SS to see which gives me power and which gives the least.

Link to the video Episode 10 Now Online – The Fuel Test | OzGarage

The results are;
Premium Unleaded 98 = 294.1 kw
Unleaded 91 = 287.5 kw
E10 = 293.8 kw
E85 = 302.3 kw
Race Fuel = 297.4 kw

I was surprised at the E10 being quite better then the 91 and being under 1 kw less then the 98 octane, and will be considering getting my car tuned to suit E10 which we all no is a hell of a lot cheaper then both 91 and 98. I think the video was a eye opener for me and put the link up for people to watch if anyone is interested. What are your thoughts???

vxcp

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Depending on setup e85 can actually grab you +-30rwkw gain. A fella I know's 1jz has been re-tuned to suit e85 an netted himself an additional 37rwkw on lower boost.

Those test specs, I kind of don't believe.

Get the tune on whatever fuel you drive your car on, an are willing to always pay for.

Cheers
Mat

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Yeah im just showing other people the deffrences between our daily fuels and also the race fuel and there opinions about it. It's not that i cant offord it its just saving money if e10 is not even 1 kw less the 98 premium. Though id like to see fuel econemy test between e10, 91 and 98.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
e10 is Available in both 95RON & 98RON & 100RON

They don't list their fuels properly or from supplier. It is proven that BP Ultimate 98ron is a better fuel to tune with & even United 100RON e10 is a great fuel to tune with.

My BMW is currently tuned for the United 100RON e10 fuel.

But as I said, You don't go changing tunes, So run whichever fuel you feel like you can always afford an get for wherever you travel, For most. That's 95RON only.

Cheers
Mat

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Watching the video the E10 is 91ron based so that shows a huge increase for what is basically a 91ron fuel.

To get the best from fuel like E85 you really want to increase the CR or increase the boost pressures.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
The United 100 premium, is that all E10 or is there pure unleaded version?

Would love to run that all of the time, but my motor charge fuel card incurs a 2% charge so makes it unworthwhile. It's normally the same price as 98 premium though.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
The United 100 premium, is that all E10 or is there pure unleaded version?

Would love to run that all of the time, but my motor charge fuel card incurs a 2% charge so makes it unworthwhile. It's normally the same price as 98 premium though.

It's 98 with 10% ethanol which boosts it to 100.