Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what fule do ppl run their cars on, Petrol or LPG?

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Hey every one just wondering what fule ever one is using on there vb-vk rides, and what do you think is better. I think that LPG is better on the older engines if you get the correct stuff done to them you can still get heeps of power, and it also helps your pocket out in the long run.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 'S' Pack '03
I got Gas and think it is worth it...
My car still runs good enough.. plus for just under $20 i can get 300 -350 Km

craigvk

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK 5L Calais
I use both.

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
ive used both.. ive found that 202's run better on LPG than regular unleaded.. they are also alot easier on the wallet :)

jd hot stuff

355 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL 355 stroker, VZ V6
Since i started this thread and never mentioned what i have i think i will now. At the moment my cars on dule fule but soon im converting to straight LPG, its also good as ive got a 90L tank. I just hope there is nutthing wrong with it since its 2 years out of date.

Jimboss

Reaction score
I have LPG (duel fuel), i find that it runs smoother when i do change it over to petrol (i have to use the 98 octane stuff).

The only problem i find is that i only get 200kms out of a tank of gas (prolly a bit more if ran it dry, but don't want to risk it).

atrail308

RIP King of the Mountain
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 VH SL/E 308
If you were to change it to straight gas, use a research system, probably the most efficient... The throttle boby mounts to the base of a 4 barrel holley, therefore, you'll need to get either a holden/rochester manifold off a red 308 or blue 4.2/5.0L, but fitting a valve lube drip system is also reccomended...