Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What gearbox SSV?

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
If it's the 5 speed auto needs a 5l40e , expensive replacement. I think series 2 has the 6l50e 6 speed . Cheaper replacement and more reliable. Need to figure out how many gears your transmission is.
Does anyone no how to get the fill bung out of a 6L80 gearbox on a ssv V8

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Does anyone no how to get the fill bung out of a 6L80 gearbox on a ssv V8
I have a 6L80E on the 2013 WN Caprice V and when I did service on the Auto I had a 12 inch long nose pliers and at the end it was 90 degree bent for 2 inched so i can grab the top of the fill plug and lift it up . Now I dont know if the 2009 SSV is the same as the 2013 WN Caprice V but I can tell you USE A COMPRESSOR to blow rubbish around the bung as if you remove the bung the last thing you need is rubbish introduced in the gearbox.

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
I have a 6L80E on the 2013 WN Caprice V and when I did service on the Auto I had a 12 inch long nose pliers and at the end it was 90 degree bent for 2 inched so i can grab the top of the fill plug and lift it up . Now I dont know if the 2009 SSV is the same as the 2013 WN Caprice V but I can tell you USE A COMPRESSOR to blow rubbish around the bung as if you remove the bung the last thing you need is rubbish introduced in the gearbox.
Yeah sounds the same, cheers mate for the help

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
Yeah sounds the same, cheers mate for the help
Cheers mate sounds the same , well its in the same spot. But did you have to use bit off force to pop it out???

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers mate sounds the same , well its in the same spot. But did you have to use bit off force to pop it out???
Yes UP only. Do you want to service the auto? or do you think you have lost a little fluid and want to ad a little.
If you want to service the Auto CORRECTLY Find MY THREAD on the VF forum. I forgot what I call it but it was over a year ago

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
I found the thread for you. Yes Member here think I HAVE OCD and they are right because I like everything done just about perfect for me the lowest I go to is 99.998%
Read the 18 odd pages and you will see how I got better as time went on.

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
Yes UP only. Do you want to service the auto? or do you think you have lost a little fluid and want to ad a little.
If you want to service the Auto CORRECTLY Find MY THREAD on the VF forum. I forgot what I call it but it was over a year ago
Yeah it has little leak ........ On cold start up it sounds like the torq converter going clunk.. Hope its not the big end..,

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it has little leak ........ On cold start up it sounds like the torq converter going clunk.. Hope its not the big end..,
These cars you have to jack the car the same as the car is level in your garage, you need a Tool that tells you the Temp "eg" at 35 Deg C, have the filler bung off before than at 35 deg C remove the OVERFLOW Plug on the bottom of the Pan. Now if no Oil is coming out and you temp is now 38 deg C and still no oil coming out and the Temp is 42 Deg C and still no oil coming out then you are at 50 Deg C and some oil is coming out YOU ARE WAY SHORT OF OIL.
Car Level on Stands and other, For me when I start the car at 28 Deg C (Ambient for Summer) I put the car in Reverse then in all forward gears then go back to Park and by the time its 32 Deg C then when I come to 34 Deg C I take the bottom Plug out and the oil is tricking out Thats perfect!!!!!. Remember Auto Service mobs cant do this because you car is HOT already so they guess and most of the time the Over fill it. But I think the VE Model they have in Engineering Mode where The Temperture of the Gearbox is, Other member can see if that is correct. The VF or the WN does not have this, You need to have the Correct tool or like I have a Computer with the Program in it with a ELM 327 Device that plugs into your OBD Port.

YT-OG

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv 2009 6.0litre
These cars you have to jack the car the same as the car is level in your garage, you need a Tool that tells you the Temp "eg" at 35 Deg C, have the filler bung off before than at 35 deg C remove the OVERFLOW Plug on the bottom of the Pan. Now if no Oil is coming out and you temp is now 38 deg C and still no oil coming out and the Temp is 42 Deg C and still no oil coming out then you are at 50 Deg C and some oil is coming out YOU ARE WAY SHORT OF OIL.
Car Level on Stands and other, For me when I start the car at 28 Deg C (Ambient for Summer) I put the car in Reverse then in all forward gears then go back to Park and by the time its 32 Deg C then when I come to 34 Deg C I take the bottom Plug out and the oil is tricking out Thats perfect!!!!!. Remember Auto Service mobs cant do this because you car is HOT already so they guess and most of the time the Over fill it. But I think the VE Model they have in Engineering Mode where The Temperture of the Gearbox is, Other member can see if that is correct. The VF or the WN does not have this, You need to have the Correct tool or like I have a Computer with the Program in it with a ELM 327 Device that plugs into your OBD Port.
Thanks mate for advice. I already have the diagnosis,Car Scanner ELM OBD2 app installed in my phone and waiting on a Vgate icar pro