Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What goes harder VR or VS

pac23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S-pack
i have a vr with a vl turbo engine in it running 12psi. It goes harder then a VS

Just my 2 cents

customvlcommy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VL commodore(sold regretfully) + VR project
hahahahah wez84 that ****ing funni as :) hahahaha 2 days in a row i laughed at that :) made my day mate :)

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
buy a dato 120y lower it's ashtray and forget the arguement cause if u stick a P plate on either a VR or a VS that will be the fastest one.

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
VR to VS:

I've owned both, and I reckon the VR was better at take off and doing stand-still burn out's "most definately", but I also think my VS would most likely leave it for dead in a drag race. I've done some reading though, and find it quite interesting with the bell mouth in the VR commodore intake box and find it intriguing why some people prefer to take it out? The bell mouth is an idea that was taken off the old SU carburettor setup. It's a proven fact that running these bell mouths "often called ram tubes" increased performance by generating a smoother airflow and whatnot. If I had one of these air boxes i'd be using it, but changing the ducting that goes to the throttle body to the smooth free flowing metal type. Got a feeling that this idea might be good for a vs or other models.

regards!

slayer208

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS-II Esteem
Forgot to mention that ram tubes on old holden sixes with triple SU carbies made an additional 7Kw at the wheels over running the leading air cleaners around such as K&N and RamFlo.

Regards!