Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Grinds your Gears??

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Right now, I have to vent - my frustration is peaking and its all thanks to the wonderful online marketplace - eBay.

We all know what it is and what it is all about, but do we know what happens when things go wrong?

No? Well I'll share my experiences.

It seems as though I've had a bad run, after countless sales of 100+ that I have fulfilled through various forums, I've come across possibly 4-5 bad experiences in a row.

It all started last week, when I listed my Samsung D600 for sale on eBay, it was immediately snapped up by a buyer requesting that I send the item to their son in Africa. (Immediately a warning bell as I had listed postage in Australia Only) Followed by an email from the buyer saying he would pay with cheque. Wanting my full details to post too, no thanks again. I also received an email from a caring eBay member saying that he is a fraudulent lister and to relist and report. Which I did.

This is where the problem gets deeper. The eBay feedback/ reporting system is the worst system ever devised- everything is thought of until it goes wrong. I relisted the item, reported the seller, and included a note to say that I wanted the fee's wiped as it was a fraudlent buyer.
No worries. I relist the phone.

Same thing happens again, different member wins the auction, wants me to send it overseas and they want to pay me 630 dollars to do so. Same email address @verizonmail….. Etc

I report - am yet to relist. As I discovered, due to eBay not replying my emails yet, I have accumulated a bill of around 40 dollars for items that I had not even sold, and it turns out you have to lodge a credit form, to get your money back.

It turns out that the original buyer is no longer a member and I'm assuming the second is no longer a member - or will be shortly, until then though I do not want to relist my item.

And to top it off, on Friday I received a Sony Ericsson k750i case, it had a cracked screen and was bent, due to dodgy post perhaps. However, when offered a refund or new case, me providing pictures to show the damage, that seller has then too done the runner, and is no longer a registered eBay member. Goodbye 30 dollars on a broken, cheap immitiation copy.

All this after I originally tried to buy the phone, and got ripped 410 dollars because eBay messaged me 3 hours after I won the item, telling me he was a suspicious seller and to not pay for the item.
I did get my money back, but I also sent eBay an email asking them why the seller was even allowed to list the item, instead of me waiting until 3 hours after it was won to receive an email from them. They replied that they were sorry I did not receive my item, and in no way did they answer my question.

What is happening to eBay, customer service is lacking hugely compared to what I used to remember it, there are countless dodgy scams that seem to be running, people with feedback of 1000 plus, members since 2003/2004 are somehow ripping people off and getting away with it.

To that, a Huge get f*cked to eGay.

R0d

Reaction score
Members Ride
cammed vu maloo r8
wow tough luck, thats why i dont use ebay. The thing that really 'grinds my gears' (is that from family guy?) is when people come to our country and dont know how to speak english. They go in shops and you dont know what they are trying to say. I dont know chinese so i stay away from china!!!

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
yeah man im with on that, Ebay can be wicked. However it is very easy for tossers to try and scam you. And yep EBAY are shizen house when it comes dealing with disputes/scamers.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I'm not a fan of eGay myself, used to be a full time seller and had so many good experiences but of coarse there were the bad ones. It really gets to me how eBay charge a FvF on top of the item, so even if you do list the item for 0.99c like they encourage you to if you're fortunate enough to have your item sell for a good or better price they stick you with another fee because the item sold for so much.

I pwned eBay once though. I was selling my VB on eBay and someone had won it, then they decided it was an impulse buy and they were no longer interested and chose to ignore my emails. I opened up a dispute to get the money for the FvF back and that went through smoothly, got refunded the $40 then I sold the car outside of eBay to the next highest bidder for the exact same price, since it was a car and they would come to collect it in person and pay in cash I couldn't imagine getting ripped off and sure enough I didn't. It only sold for $250 which is what pisses me off, charging a $40 fee to sell a $250 car.. bah

I've got a lot of stories like the psycho stalker who gave me a negative for spending their postage money on fuel because the car needed it badly and we posted it a massive three days late (I know I shouldn't have done it but we were going through hard times) so I left a follow-up response to my positive about how they tried to install spyware on my PC (they freakin' emailed me saying it was an opportunity to make money and an executable file).. they created a new eBay account and started bidding on all of our items and there was nothing we could do, they kept making new accounts and despite our rules was still able to make bids.. (they used one of the accounts to pad their own items which is how we knew it was them - but they got reported and both accounts were suspended :D).. ended up having to make a new eBay account.

Also people who get angry when they have to pay for packaging as well as postage (bubble wrap isn't cheap, tightwads! neither are padded bags)

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
you know what really grinds my gears?...
when your in a shop of some kind, usually some sort of food/takeout place that has a long bench counter... and its busy...and you've been standing "in line" (even thought there isnt really an obvious "line" because everyone just stands anywhere) for ages and you finally see that your next to be served...everyone else around you is being served, so you must be next.
then some little son of a inbred comes along just as the person behind the counter says "who's next" and they walk straight infront of you to the front of the counter pushing past people getting served and say "yeah, im next,can i have...."
god that really grinds my gears, as stupid as all that might sound, its friggin rude...and i let them know that whenever it happens.....and whatever god they pray to better help them if they want to argue about it...because im hungry and I WAS NEXT.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
pollitical correctness, do gooders, apparent 'experts' they get on TT and other pathetic news shows, reporters they all deserve to die a horrible death bloody scum of the earth they are especially that rotten b!tch on TT i hate her with a passion!
muslims and their bullshit...don't ask don't argue they get on my nerves more then americans.

last but not least..missing padestrians that run across the road when they shouldn't, how i'd love to tap one. wait for the lil green man you wankers and you wouldn't have to put up with people like me, simple.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
you know what really grinds my gears?...
when your in a shop of some kind, usually some sort of food/takeout place that has a long bench counter... and its busy...and you've been standing "in line" (even thought there isnt really an obvious "line" because everyone just stands anywhere) for ages and you finally see that your next to be served...everyone else around you is being served, so you must be next.
then some little son of a inbred comes along just as the person behind the counter says "who's next" and they walk straight infront of you to the front of the counter pushing past people getting served and say "yeah, im next,can i have...."
god that really grinds my gears, as stupid as all that might sound, its friggin rude...and i let them know that whenever it happens.....and whatever god they pray to better help them if they want to argue about it...because im hungry and I WAS NEXT.

I can relate to this, it happens to me all the time, i tend to stand back from the counter a little bit (not when its really busy and there are lines etc) and some ****er always walks straight up infront of me and waits there to be served. Also when they says "who's next?" and some lowlife who has just walked in when its obvious other people are before them, decides its their turn :ranting: Also tossers that steal things and con-artists of the many sorts should be shot, nothing worse than spending my time and money because of some little prick who has nothing better to do than mess around and stuff up other peoples life.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
One of mine is when people try to sound clever by using a word which wouldn't usually be a part of their lexicon, and using the word incorrectly.. I'm very big on english :p

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
you know what really grinds my gears?

PEOPLE WHO DONT INDICATE!!
thats what the stalk is on the right hand side! ( left hand 4 eurotrash )

also its mostly ford drives who r the worst:thumbsup:
GGGGAAAAAHHHH!

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I agree with all posts above this one!