Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what have mech's charge to replace radiator on v6

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
your better off doing it your self its alot cheaper i got quoted $430 for new standard radiator and flush but i looked into it and got my self a new radiator -$180
Both new hoses - $7 each
New radiator cap - $8
And had some coolant layin around but that aint much more then $30 so all up about $240 and only about an hour to do it :)

cost me $100 for recon rad 12 mths warenty

Gokz777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY09.5 SV6 5sp Auto
your better off doing it your self its alot cheaper i got quoted $430 for new standard radiator and flush but i looked into it and got my self a new radiator -$180
Both new hoses - $7 each
New radiator cap - $8
And had some coolant layin around but that aint much more then $30 so all up about $240 and only about an hour to do it :)

Could you please tell me where you got your parts? Is eBay worth buying from or are they all crappy?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Ebay radiator = crappy. You may get lucky and get a half decent one. But sure would suck to be in the middle of nowhere and have a weld blow.

I just got my parents VY V6 radiator changed today. NATRAD centre, $420 for new radiator, new thermostat and gasket, block completely flushed by machine, new coolant at about 45% mix, tranny oil topup and labour.

They sell their radiators at $245 if you want to do it yourself. Decent price and you know it will be built well.

Last edited:

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Ebay TBAP are good I have had mine 2 years and no dramas.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
They are a piece of piss to do yourself. Fans just clip off and un plug and the radiator only has clips holding it in. Does the car get hot? If not you probably won't need a thermostat likewise a coolant flush. Drop the coolant, r/r radiator, re-fill and bleed and you'll be right. Probably take longer to get all your gear out to do the job than the job itself.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
Lots of cheap chinese knock offs floating around on ebay.
Genuine ones are made by Calsonic.