Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What I need to know about putting a LS3 in a VH SLE

Christopher webb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1982 VH SLE commodore
this question would have been asked a lot
But I don’t know much about doing it
I’m wanting to fit a LS3 in my VH SLE
So I want know what I need to do to convert it
What parts I need what transmission to run.
What break system
What I need to do to the electric side of things
What conversion kits to get
And help would be great
Cheers

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Engine, harness (will need to be modified), ECU, pedal (if staying with FBW), Tuff Mount engine mounts, Pacemaker headers (tri-y is easiest to fit), trans can be up to you depending what you want i.e. factory VF manual or auto (i went with a TH400 in my LS3 VK, fits straight in) plus a tail shaft to suit, VN to VS EFI tank so you can run a Walbro in tank pump out to a Corvette style regulator and dead head fuel line setup, will probably need a built diff, VS brake booster with VT master cylinder and VT front brakes, standard wiring will need to be modified to get everything working properly, all pollution gear will need to be fitted (carbon canister, cat converters). That's keeping as much factory equipment as possible for engineering, custom gear will mean more work from an engineer, and will end up costing more. Call and speak with an engineer before you start if you want it registered and legal, they'll tell you what will work and what wont. Work out a budget as well, then double it for a realistic figure. The more you can do yourself the more money you'll save, but know your limitations.

VKL98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS
this question would have been asked a lot
But I don’t know much about doing it
I’m wanting to fit a LS3 in my VH SLE
So I want know what I need to do to convert it
What parts I need what transmission to run.
What break system
What I need to do to the electric side of things
What conversion kits to get
And help would be great
Cheers

i have sent you a detailed break down of all costs and links to 98% of parts and ref docs to this conversion to a private message

Beads

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK commodore
i have sent you a detailed break down of all costs and links to 98% of parts and ref docs to this conversion to a private message
Hey mate do you think you could inbox me the break down aswell please, Conversion for a VB commo so dunno if that will make a difference. Thanks heaps!

hainzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
LX SL/R torana, HZ SANDMAN, VH SL/E top 30
Dropping in a 304 injected motor will prob be easier and cheaper with an excellent result. Not as much torque as an LS but will still be great to drive.

Adrianstarvaggi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE

Hi mate
Is there any chance your able to send me the breakdown Also I’m looking at doing LS3 in my VH SLE. Cheers mate

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Why not just post it here so everyone can benefit from it?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hi mate
Is there any chance your able to send me the breakdown Also I’m looking at doing LS3 in my VH SLE. Cheers mate

He hasn't been on since the beginning of the year so you mightn't get to far there

Gozza1

Reaction score
Members Ride
1979 Commodore VB
Injected motors are great but the smell, shake and noise from a carby engine is the best :)

Us