Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What intake Manifold Worked 304 v8?

Ash 5l vt commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Hi all hope your well,
Just a quick question on manifolds, i have a vt 5l std stroke engine with flat tops, zero decked block, ported heads, extractors ect.. now i am running a 41433 crow cam in this motor with a carby so my question is what sort of intake manifold is advisable, after something that will fit under the bonnet of a hq while suiting the engine mods
Thanks again

Ash 5l vt commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt calais
Heres the cam specs

Attachments

• 20200417_184956.jpg
    20200417_184956.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 494

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Heres the cam specs
I would use the edelbrock dual plane with a street demon. This is exactly what I'm going to run on my VS 355.
I was looking at the TP high rise dual plane but after emailing TP a few times and no response I can't recomend them.
I've seen Port city engines post a video of one of their combos making 500hp on the engine dyno with iron heads and a edelbrock dual plane.

I would love to support Aussie guys over the US guys but when edelbrock have pricing, avaliabilty and performance you can't go past that.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I would use the edelbrock dual plane with a street demon. This is exactly what I'm going to run on my VS 355.
I was looking at the TP high rise dual plane but after emailing TP a few times and no response I can't recomend them.
I've seen Port city engines post a video of one of their combos making 500hp on the engine dyno with iron heads and a edelbrock dual plane.

I would love to support Aussie guys over the US guys but when edelbrock have pricing, avaliabilty and performance you can't go past that.
Call him, don’t email. You won’t get all the info and background through email. Edelbrock are ok, but casting quality and finish don’t compare to the tp manifolds. I’ve owned both and had them side by side.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Call him, don’t email. You won’t get all the info and background through email. Edelbrock are ok, but casting quality and finish don’t compare to the tp manifolds. I’ve owned both and had them side by side.
Okay fair enough but still in this day and age at least a response is polite.
I just figure he's off only dealing with rich customers that are buying his big paw stuff and the guy that just wants a manifold is not a concern. That's what is feels like to me.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Okay fair enough but still in this day and age at least a response is polite.
I just figure he's off only dealing with rich customers that are buying his big paw stuff and the guy that just wants a manifold is not a concern. That's what is feels like to me.
He’s very passionate, and can’t imagine he’d dismiss anybody looking into his products. Some people don’t like dealing with online messages when selling; myself included.

For example, when selling a car or a bike on gumtree/Facebook etc, people that message are far less likely to make a purchase. People that pick up the phone to make a call are the buyers almost 100% of the time. It’s incredibly difficult dealing with the time wasters. I’ve knocked back shifts at work before to stay home for people to inspect items I’ve had for sale, only for them to not show up. No message or call to let me know either. I’ll never do that again.

Some sellers prefer a more personalised approach too (I.e. phone call) and is a more effective/efficient way to determine customer needs. Facebook and their messaging system has been incredibly detrimental to online selling due to the ease and convenience of the marketplace messaging system. Nobody takes buying seriously anymore.

Last edited:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
OP - I would say find the smallest port single plane manifold you can - that will suit you best in my opinion.
Nice hydraulic roller cam you have.

As for TP as a company, all I purchased was a set of his intake mani gaskets and he was good to deal with despite the struggles of the logistics.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
I like single plane manifolds so low profile order of pick would be come single,redline hi-winder...last place yet dirt cheap is china winder copy that needs die grinder action.(won't mention brand or company name 'cos they suck)

Not sure if there are any other with low profiles other than dual planes after that so if buying new tp manifold then harrop 2nd hand or whatever as motor is still a baby most things will work

Met them at Summernats a few times....the TP mob are good to deal with & being an aussie company it's where I send people who want dual planes etc

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The cam is listed to 6200rpm so single plane would just hurt power right across the curve. If you don't believe me watch richard holdner and his manifold tests. Port size is irrelevant.

With TP all I wanted is a base price so I can plan other components without breaking the budget.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
His website shows prices for things like manifolds.