Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is a good cam for VR SS 304?

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
G'Day guys, I have a VR SS auto running on dual fuel. I am fitting a new cam (the dowl pin sheared off on mine), and would like to know what brand and grind of cam would best suit my needs. I dont want to rotate the earth, just have enough grunt so as to not be embarrassed by my mates 180kw 6 cylinder BA Falcon. I already have pacemaker extractors, redback exhaust, and cold air intake. If the cam only gives me a benefit on petrol, and not on gas, thats OK. Would love to get peoples opinions and experience, so that I get the right cam. Thanks.

doigs8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VY 2 CALAIS
It's been nearly a month and no advice/opinions. Oh well, here it go's. Engine is out. I've bought a C.O.M.E. 266 cam and memcal package. I've had the heads shaved 25 thou and a mild port job done. Will fit and dial in the cam next week. I hope I have made the right choice.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
hey mate, u would have been better checking the V8 modification and developement section, a fair few threads on cams in there. did you do a search after not hearing anything?

should be a good package you've purchased, let us know how it goes

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
yeah you shoulda posted in the v8 development section, you would have got some replies there. But sound ok what you've done. You will have to get the car tuned though when your done.