Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is Best Battery

Temple57

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Commodore SV6 Storm Sportswagon
Hi I just got my 2015 VF V6 sportswagon serviced and was told battery was getting low I have had same battery from new over 5 years now.
I have ACDelco 92456804 (not available now) in now what would be next best to replace it with.
Cheers Steve

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
I have top of the range ENIRGI battery in my VE.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
I personally stick with the AC Delco brand and have found that the S57038EFB has been fantastic as it withstands constant unlocking of the car to maintain a charge of above 12V for dash cam use in parking mode. The standard S56838 and S57220 unfortunately aren't able to do that. However that's a very specific need and in general you won't go wrong with a standard 600 CCA battery like the S56838. Make sure
when you select a battery to choose the appropriate one with a vent to connect to the vented tube in the boot (there's a video on YouTube of some bright spark replacing his with a non vented battery that was also the wrong size).

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I am about to purchase an AC Delco battery for one of my cars. Battery part number S56838 but now will also look at S57038EFB as stated above although that battery is mainly used for start/stop technology vehciles.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
I notice the battery in our VE Omega Series 2 ute and VF 2013 Calais V wagon are original AC Delco and are made in Australia and the Ac Delco battery in the Motorport is made in the Phillipines. Just wondering if the battery in the MS will last as long as the other battery in the other cars.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I notice the battery in our VE Omega Series 2 ute and VF 2013 Calais V wagon are original AC Delco and are made in Australia and the Ac Delco battery in the Motorport is made in the Phillipines. Just wondering if the battery in the MS will last as long as the other battery in the other cars.
The 2013 batteries were made and supplied by Exide. My Director battery has died less than 3 years old. My Redline is still ok. Same battery

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
My original battery is still going strong. AMAZINGLY! Because it's had a hard life. It normally sits for 4 to 5 days at a time. It went completely flat after I installed a dash cam. It always cranks for about 5 seconds when starting cold (because I run it on E85). And most recently when my alternator died.
And it still works well!!!!

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
And also it was very pleasing that after 2 weeks with the battery disconnected the only setting I lost was the time and date.