Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WHAT IS CODE 37and 36

D

dhesanvs

hey guys i did the diagnostic test thingo with the paper clip and ii came up with codes 36 & 37

dunno wat it means but the car is running pretty **** ..........got a feeling leaving a car for 6 months and only starting and revving doent do it anygood.

IF ANYBODY COULD HELP IT WOULD BE GREAT

thanks in advance peoples

des

goldvnaero

HOLDENS RULE
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS A4
W

whisky

36 = Vacuum Leak (idle speed cannot be controlled)

This is out of a gregory's manual for a vr, so don't know if it's the same for your vs.

I can't seem to find what code 37 is.

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
I had a shift solinoid fault in My GF's VR V6, I think that came up 36 or 37. Took ages to find the fault code and its meaning. Have a look in transmission section.

D

dhesanvs

cheers guys i bought a gregories today cant seem to find the code in there yet....auc05l how did u fix it

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
Just looked through old posts, Sorry it was 82, my bad.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
I would double check that 37 came up. You may have just counted one too many on the end of a 36. Clear the error codes and recheck if they reoccur in a week. If not, dont worry about them unless the car is giving you troubles. Get a gregorys manual. They will tell you exactly how to check error codes to find the fault. Most of the error codes anyway.