Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What is my Toyota lexcen worth please

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nissan Patrol = Ford Maverick
Mazda 323 = Ford Laser
Mazda 626 = Ford Telstar

The car industry of the 80s and 90s was quite incestuous. They seem to be getting back into it again now with the Toyota 86 = Subaru BRZ and Toyota Supra = BMW Z4.

You forgot the Ford ute rebadged as a Nissan ute....I think this was the swap for the Maverick/Patrol stuff.

And yeah, alot of car makers were in bed with each other back in the 80's and 90's

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
You forgot the Ford ute rebadged as a Nissan ute....I think this was the swap for the Maverick/Patrol stuff.

And yeah, alot of car makers were in bed with each other back in the 80's and 90's
It was Button's attempt to bring the Australian based manufacturers closer to near world scale production levels. It didn't work, the idea didn't even work in the US where GM has 4 divisions left now- in 2008 GM had Holden and 13 other world brands.

But I still keep my old Iron Lion in the garage and on the road -it reminds me of a simpler time, when Australia was more than a small piece of a world jigsaw.